normal weight gain?

Brandy

I was just wondering what the normal weight gain is for a baby leo? I have 4 babies that I have had for 12 days. One has gained 2g, one 3g, and the other 2 have gained 5g. I monitor they're feeding time and document what each has eaten. The two that have gained 5 are just pigs! I don't know if I could possibly be overfeeding them. I just thought it best to let them eat until they were full but these 2 just don't stop!

Khrysty

Some are just better eaters than others. Some grow faster, some slower. The fact that they're all gaining weight so they're all in good shape :)

Brandy

Okay, thanks. Here's a good pic of Trixy's fat belly and why I wondered if I was overfeeding. She's about 4 3/4" from nose to tail tip and weighs 12g.

P1170039.jpg

Khrysty

Ooh Trixy is gorgeous! Usually when my greedy geckos get fat bellies I try and keep them from eating until they poop again.

Brandy

She has no problem there. She always poops in the middle of feeding then goes right back to eating. :D

Enigmatic_Reptiles

Quality is Everything
She looks very nice. She is fine. I have had a lot of younger geckos that just eat until they almost pop but slow down as they get bigger. As long as she is pooping and not lethargic your fine.

Visit our friends