Nose shed

B

bigdionne

I know these questions have been asked a ton but, I got shed issues with Spike's nose.. He had a hard time shedding yesterday, he had a significantly large piece left on his nose, just below his eyes.. He worked most of it off today but the little piece that is stuck at the end of his nose seems to be bothering him a lot.. I tried the warm soak and as soon as I put him in he freaked and clearly wanted out. So, I tried holding a piece of paper towel with some warm water on his nose which he didn't really like but he accepted. Then I rolled a wet qtip on his nose but the piece is still there.. I don't have NEARLY a steady enough hand to use tweezers, so what's next? My temps are all good, nothing has changed (his diet or temps) and his humid hide is still humid.. Any ideas or so I let him just scrape until it comes off?

StatikStepz

www.ThePerfectGecko.com
sit him inside of a sealed, airtight tupperware container with either wet peat moss or sphagnum moss (whichever you may have, if u do), and if not, use a wet papertowel... let him sit in there for 30 minutes... it will get real humid in there real fast, and 9 out of 10 times, when u take him out after 30 mins, that piece of skin will come right off. (i do this for my geckos if they don't get all the skin off their toes after shedding)... If you happen to be the rare chance where ur gecko is the "10th" gecko that it doesn't work after that 30 minutes, then put him back in for another 30 minutes, then try again. And then this time for sure will get it off.

Visit our friends