Not Eating

W

Wretched

Okay, so I have a pair of AFT's They're named Misty and Mister (girl and boy respectively)

Misty used to chow down like a pig, and her favorite was superworms. She was getting FAT. Then Mister entered her life and her cage got lots bigger. they are currently cohabitating happily. They follow eachother around ets. Gthe only problems Ive noticed are eating. Mister is a bit younger so isnt humping on her yet. (tho soon... sooon... muahaha.. ahem) Anywho, when Mister first arrived, he didnt want to eat at all, and was getting kinda skinny. Finaly he is eating and now he eats a lot. Misty on the other hand stopped almost as soon as he started eating. He'll chace crickets all around the 20L cage, over the water fall, under the plants, etc. Misty will sit there sullenly and look at me blinking. She wont chase crickets, she ignores all worms, and is getting me a little worried. Currently I am poor and would like advice before footing a vet bill.

p.s. And before you ask, yes i quarentined mister before introducing him to her and all that.

p.p.s. Misty is also a 'rescue' that i bought from somone. her son had not taken care od her very well, she has stubbs for all her toes and missing the tip of her tail. other than that she is bright eyes and active, just getting skinnier.

brandy101010

She may be stressed from haveing the other gecko in with her. If she does not adjust soon I would separate and only keep them together when breeding.

W

Wretched

I thought so too, but she was fine till recently. Hopefully i can afford another cage here soon if it comes to seperation

Stitch

Wretched said:
I thought so too, but she was fine till recently. Hopefully i can afford another cage here soon if it comes to seperation

p.s. And before you ask, yes i quarentined mister before introducing him to her and all that.

If you quarantined the new guy why don't you use that the same cage? I'm not trying to pick on you but if you quarantined properly then you would have a back up cage already. It does sound like a dominence issue, you won't always see it right away and you're not there 24/7 to see everything that happens.

W

Wretched

Stitch said:
If you quarantined the new guy why don't you use that the same cage? I'm not trying to pick on you but if you quarantined properly then you would have a back up cage already. It does sound like a dominence issue, you won't always see it right away and you're not there 24/7 to see everything that happens.

Well I had that cage in use.. untill I did some re aranging with my leo's yesterday. now she's all by herself and sleeping. I just wish my friends would make up their minds about the gecko's I offered them. i mean really, who turns down free leo's? I need room durnit

Visit our friends