Not eating

S

Sonora

We got a leaopard gecko, sonora, about 8-9 months ago. Everything has been going great. The past 4 days she wont eat anything. Tonight it looked like her nose and mouth were wet, almost like it was going to start running out but it wasnt. Is she sick? We are pretty new to this so need some help. Thanks

Tommy13b

Im not sure about the wet nose, But she may be ovulating(sorry if i spelled it wrong), But females usually go off food for a bit when they begin to produce eggs, it makes sence because breeding season is here for some of us.

S

Sonora

Hmm never thought of that. How long will she not want to eat then? Should we be concerned after a cetain amount of time?

S

Sonora

Well her nose and mouth dont look dripy anymore. She ate 2 crickets today but that was it. The temp above the heating pad is 91 degrees. I checked it last night. I kept the red heating lamp on her all night and she sat in her water most of the night.

Stomlin35

Gamer momma
Do you have a humid hide for her? Laying in the water dish is not usually a good sign... when was the last time she shed?

S

Sonora

We put a humid hide in her cage but she was scared and wouldnt leave the normal cave until we removed it. She hasnt sat in the water all day it was jsut during the night she seemed to. As far as shedding she usaully eats it right away. We usally know she will when she wont eat for a day or two then the next day you can tell. She hasnt really been eating at all so we are not sure.

Visit our friends