Not getting better.

HugeGenes&LoLa

Here's the story:

About a month and a half ago, our gecko Spectre, started having eye issues. After about a week of trying different things, we decided it was time to take him to the vet. She prescribed an antibacterial eye ointment to be given 3 times daily, and an antibiotic shot to be administered once every 3 days. After doing all of this for over a month now, the fogginess in his eyes has cleared up but he's still closing them and they still don't look back to normal.

On a second note, he has not eaten on his own this entire time. We have been able to force feed him one meal worm every few nights, but we all know that won't do the trick. He not only has lost over 10g, he also looks TERRIBLE. His tail is very thin, and the skin is hanging loosely all over his body. He just looks weak altogether.

So, down to our question, what do you guys think is the next step? Taking him back to the vet would cost us another $70, and after all this, we want to avoid taking him back there if possible. Here are the options I can think of:

-Gatorade soak
-Feed baby food or slurry, (which to my understanding won't help him gain weight?)
-An appetite stimulant? I see "Jurassifruit", Fluker's Liquid Electrolyte Spray, and Fluker's Repta-aid Critical Care Formula?

We really need a way to get some weight back on this guy so we can attempt to continue fixing the rest of the problems :( Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Juniorbat

Well i have a similar problem and the vet told me to get a High Calorie Dietary supplement for dogs and cats; for my gecko and she looks like she is putting on some weigh.

got spots?

leo lover
OKay I would go on slurry right away. But do note that slurry isnt the answer to sickness it is just FOOD. I hear dog food is bad for them. it gives them dairiah and doesnt pass too well. So I would probably use slurry. If she/he doesnt eat that id use the feeding stimulant as well. If ALL of this does not work go to vet, and sadly... consider putting her/him down. If they dont get better I wouldnt make them suffer IMHO
hope she/he recovers...

Visit our friends