odd hatchling stripe x bell

Kirksherps

well this little one hatched a few days ago. i expected a stripe/jungle het bell, this a pic of what hatched. is this normal? it has dark eyes and very light/faded color. just looking for an opinion or 2 thanks Kirk

Kirksherps

gecko

well as far as i know my original stripe/jungle breeding stock was from the tremper line. so if the stripe is recessive i have a bell het stripe? or is it a double het because it has dark eyes? whats with the light color? i guess my point is what is it? LOL thanks Kirk

robin

i agree with marcia on this one. if it is a genetic stripe it is het bell poss het stripe. nice looking baby you have there!!!

Kirksherps

pictures

ok i now understand the genetics part , now im wondering about the color.can someone explain the lightness. ill post a pic of the stripe x bell and a second pic of a "normal" for comparison. thanks kirk

S

Sarah H

It is light in color, but that can be normal. Did it hatch early or was it incubated for male? That can effect the color sometimes.
Sometimes they can be light like that then color up later. If it doesn't color up it could be pastel.

Gregg M

Registered Member
That animal will color up as it matures... Sometimes hatchling can look like they are "un-finished"... I have seen this in my own hatchlings an in other peoples hatchlings...

Kirksherps

inc temps

tom, i am very aware of ron trempers incubation methods and the relationship between color and incubation temps.you should see the dark tremper albinos im hatching at this temp LOL. i probably should have mentioned earlier that the hatchling was incubated at 83 degrees and hatched in 55 days. thanks for the info but in this case i dont think the incubation temps had anything to do with the lightness. Kirk

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I've been breeding stripe x tremper albino this season. So far, as I mentioned in another post, half the babies were banded and half striped. They are all "normal" colored but all the banded ones have reduced spotting and range in color from tang highlights to a pale yellow, much lighter than a regular "normal". Last year when I was breeding tremper x tremper I had a number of babies that hatched out with a very pale washed out color like yours (yes, I know yours is only het for albino and mine were albinos) but they eventually colored up and got quite bright.

Aliza

S

sbord_tom

Then you have stumped me i was thinking that it was because of the high temps during Incubating but now i don't know. maby acpart is right only time will tell.

Visit our friends