Ok, albino, but what kind? And blizzard??

crestedgeckogirly

Ok, I'm a newbie, so please forgive me!

I know this girl is an albino, but there are so many different kinds of albinos! Any help would be appreciated. I'm sure she's just a plain jane, but I'd just like to learn to tell the difference. She does have a bit of yellow on her, looks like it may increase a bit as she ages. Hope the pics are ok, she wasn't very cooperative!! LOL.

1_leo_pics4.jpg

1_leo_pics5.jpg

Ok, next up is my little rescue. I've been told she's a blizzard, but she's got a bit of color, and her tail has some markings on it. So, is she really a blizzard??? I tried to get a close up of her tail. She's dark like my other blizzards (I only have dark blizzards), but unlike them, she has a lemon yellow sort of color to her body. Her tail is purple. Like I said, she's just my little rescue, but I'd like to learn how to ID morphs. She lost most of her fingers from several bad sheds, and also her tail (although that is coming back pretty nicely at this point).

1_leo_pics3.jpg

1_leo_pics2.jpg

1_leo_pics1.jpg

Like I said, any help would be appreciated! And, I apologize for my lack of experience...I've tried to take the best pics I could to ID, and give helpful descriptions...but if you need more info, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks so much!!!

-Andrea ;)

Val

Sometimes the different types of albinos are hard to tell apart. I'm really not sure what yours is, but she's really cute! I love her big spots. And the second one I believe is a patternless.

crestedgeckogirly

Thanks for the replies!! ;)

I didn't think the little rescue was really a blizzard, so it's good to know that it's really a patternless.

Thanks again!!

-Andrea

P

Panther

The albino has some light coloration which really leads me to believe it is a Las Vegas and not a tremper...

~k

N

NewportGeckos

My vote is tremper. It's brown looks tremper to me haha.

gko reptiles

A New Generation
I had a little girl like your first pic. I was told that she was a normal phase albino, the beginnings of the Tremper line. The second pic is easy. According to Tremper's book, a "patternless" and a "Blizzard" are the same thing! So in other words, she's both. Hope this helps!!

eyelids

Bells Rule!
gko reptiles said:
I had a little girl like your first pic. I was told that she was a normal phase albino, the beginnings of the Tremper line. The second pic is easy. According to Tremper's book, a "patternless" and a "Blizzard" are the same thing! So in other words, she's both. Hope this helps!!

I don't know where you see that in the book... He clearly describes Murphy Patternless and Blizzard as two seperate morphs.

Ian S.

that first one is a rainwater IMO and the second well....definately a Murphy's patternless

Visit our friends