Okay... should I give up hope? *pics*

WildChildReptiles

Right, it's 102 days today at 82 degrees. It's not going to happen right?

It's just, what's really confusing me is, why are they so firm and white at such a late date if the are dead or infertile? Also, I'm certain they have grown in size and even got firmer. :S

Also, I was wondering, should I just pip them? To see what's wrong... I want to know if they were never fertile or if they have just died.

And here are some pictures of them being candled. They look yellowish don't they? Or is that just the yellow light because tbh they just look completely white with maybe a black smudge or two inside? Oh, I am so confused. :eek:

006.jpg

006.jpg

Thank you for any help guys, this are my first eggs :S

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
From the candling picture, it really doesn't look as if anything is in there, but I've been wrong before. I have had eggs look nice and firm for 9 weeks (63 days) and then shrivel and turned out to be empty. Your choices, as far as I can tell are the following:
--keep incubating them and see what happens
--pip one of them to see what's going on.

Good luck, I know it's hard.

Aliza

Khrysty

I'm with Aliza on this one. Personally I'd pip one of them. It looks as if they're both empty, but pipping one should tell you for sure.

Realize, though, that if there's a baby still alive and developing in the egg you pip, you will likely kill it...

WildChildReptiles

Yup, I've just pipped... nothing but green gunge. :(
Oh well, was only my first attempt, seems as if they were doomed from the start.
Oh well... my beautiful new female has just started ovulating, I might give it another try. :)
Thanks for all your help on this guys. x

Visit our friends