OM NOM NOM

Bling_my_leo

Lizard Lady ツ
Hershal enjoying his favorite snack.
By the time I had finally got the camera on the right setting and such he had already devoured most of it. :nice:
image-50837164-640x480

image-50837159-640x480

image-50837160-640x480

Then he noticed this odd square item and came investigating. :D
image-50837166-640x480

You've fed me. I want nothing more. LEAVE ME ALONE.
image-50837167-640x480

image-50837170-640x480

image-50837177-640x480

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
Do they make good pets? Are they friendly/social? I've been trying to convince my boy he isn't ready to tackle a tegu and would prefer he start with something smaller like BTS but not as small as my leo. That wouldn't be enjoyable for him. Are they expensive to feed/care for?

fuzzylogix

Carpe Diem
Do they make good pets? Are they friendly/social? I've been trying to convince my boy he isn't ready to tackle a tegu and would prefer he start with something smaller like BTS but not as small as my leo. That wouldn't be enjoyable for him. Are they expensive to feed/care for?

blue tongues are in my opinion, one of the best "big" starter lizards. i have never had a single issue with any of mine. my son and "jabba" take naps together on his bed. very easily handled and very easy to care for. my big girl is in a custom enclosure with aspen bedding, but i've used carefresh as well with no problems. my blueys eat hard boiled eggs, boiled turkey, super worms, dubia, leafy greens, some fruits, and even will chase crickets for fun. they are garbage disposals, lol. they need a UVB light and basking, but i use MVBs for them. i keep a large dog water bowl in the enclosure at all times. they will climb up and over anything you put in the enclosure so make sure you have a secure lid or high enough walls so they can't climb out. one of my absolute favorite lizards. :main_thumbsup:

fl_orchidslave

BTS are fantastic pets for kids. We have several boys in our herp society that bring theirs on outings to the meetings. They're kinda cuddly too, especially if a blanket is involved. Watching TV and snuggling on the couch is one of their fav things to do with their human :) You can get a young juvie, it's about the size of an adult leo, maybe a little bigger, and your boy can grow up with it. They don't bite and are not aggressive in personality. They enjoy being taken outside to play in the grass, but are quick so you can't take your eyes off them . Mine liked playing with a cocoa crispie box in her tank. And a rubber ducky on occasion :)

It's something to think about Kel :)

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
Mine liked playing with a cocoa crispie box in her tank. And a rubber ducky on occasion :)

It's something to think about Kel :)

THAT ^^^ is just too funny. Oh believe me I do think about it. Eros is not very sociable at all, and really is seemingly getting less and less tolerant of our hang out sessions. It's quite disappointing actually :( He started out seemingly enjoying our time together but now... doesn't seem so. I guess when I was debating leo versus bts maybe I should have gone the other way but if I had I likely wouldn't have met all you wonderful people :)

Visit our friends