Once they hatch??

Kwaynebb

I have some eggs that I am expecting to hatch any day now. I keep reading about people leaving the hatchlings in the incubator for a while. Is this nessecary? I have a hatchling rack ready and waiting for the newcomers, but I just want to know if I have to let them bake a like longer.

-Kyle

ChristinaJ

I remove them when I find them and I check my incubators a few times a day. However it doesn't hurt to leave them alone for a bit...I've left for the weekend and never had an issue with babies hatching while I was away and having to be left in the incubator for a bit. All were still healthy little hatchlings from my experience.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
The only problem with leaving hatchlings in the incubator is having them roll the eggs that are still in there. I remove them as soon as I find them.

Aliza

TranceZ

The only problem with leaving hatchlings in the incubator is having them roll the eggs that are still in there. I remove them as soon as I find them.

Aliza

I heard it doesn't matter if leopard gecko eggs roll over. That's what Ron Tremper and guy from Sasobek reptiles say.

ChristinaJ

I use a GEO so I thankfully dont have to worry about taking the chance, although my experience does support both Ron and Matt when it comes to the egg rolling.

Visit our friends