One clutch with Two different Sires

Squeakingeckos

I just hatched a beautiful clutch recently that looks to be sired by different males.

W&Y Snow Bell 66% poss het Eclipse and Mack Snow 100% het Eclipse
44e9257b073e1110ec6597b80564ea06.jpg

Dam: Snow Bell het Eclipse from Highwoods Exotics
cad764f1c34948f260226f5f0dbc0f73.jpg

Sire #1: W&Y Snow Bell het Eclipse produced by Sasobek and purchased from TJRherps
e9e4b857795d9edd90e35c7bbece0592.jpg

Sire #2: Total Eclipse (pure per breeder) no known hets produced by IPM reptiles
dd14e5d726e9ba809e8f1548438d06aa.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1467665870968.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1467665870968.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I see why you say that they were produced by 2 sires, since the supersnow could not have produced an albino, and the albino male could not have produced a W&Y. I'm wondering what the circumstances of both males mating with the female were. Also, I'd wonder:
are you sure the snow bell is a w&Y? (I have no personal experience with W&Y but I know that some people who produce them aren't initially sure whether a particular offspring is a w&Y or not)
Are you sure the Total Eclipse has no albino het?
Are you sure neither of the albinos has another albino strain as a het?

I would imagine the last 2 questions are not likely to be the case, but i wanted to cover all the bases. Do you think subsequent clutches, if there are any, are the result of mixed pairings as well? It will be interesting to see what else hatches.

I have on a few occasions paired a female with more than one male, but not at the same time, and it's always been obvious which male sired the offspring.

Aliza

Squeakingeckos

I see why you say that they were produced by 2 sires, since the supersnow could not have produced an albino, and the albino male could not have produced a W&Y. I'm wondering what the circumstances of both males mating with the female were. Also, I'd wonder:
are you sure the snow bell is a w&Y? (I have no personal experience with W&Y but I know that some people who produce them aren't initially sure whether a particular offspring is a w&Y or not)
Are you sure the Total Eclipse has no albino het?
Are you sure neither of the albinos has another albino strain as a het?

I would imagine the last 2 questions are not likely to be the case, but i wanted to cover all the bases. Do you think subsequent clutches, if there are any, are the result of mixed pairings as well? It will be interesting to see what else hatches.

I have on a few occasions paired a female with more than one male, but not at the same time, and it's always been obvious which male sired the offspring.

Aliza
Great questions that I have asked myself a few times.
I am confident the snow bell sire is wy. Previous breeder produced wy offspring from him if I remember correctly. I paired the wy sire first many many months ago (had to have been 4-5 months ago) and first one or two clutches did not make it. I only paired him once (maybe twice that I cant recall) and then changed my mind and started pairing the total eclipse.
Very slim chance that the total eclipse may be het albino (will be proving him out this coming season) but I know he's definitely not wy.
I have also verified with some other breeders that the hatchling snow bell is indeed wy.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Visit our friends