Operation Summer Project underway!

R

rrhill

So I decided I was going to be productive with my summer & get stuff done around the house. Even made a list that stretched 2 pages...then I took a nap.
The 1st phase of this operation was yard work, so I mowed the grass. I got stung on my ankle by a wasp and promptly ran into the house yelling "OW" and carrying on like a little baby. I wasn't aware that a bee had also gone up my shorts until of course it stung me on the inside of my thigh. So after I removed both stingers, cussed for awhile, drank a pepsi and waited to see if I was going to have an allergic reaction (I have never been stung before)...the lawn got mowed & I found I am not allergic but I just don't like getting stung.

Phase 2 is to clean out the garage so I can start phase 3 (finish projects). The garage has become a place to store CRAP...so while a brand new truck sits out in the sun/rain all of my $2o fish tanks are able to sit in the garage!
This is the hot mess I call my garage:
HPIM0049.jpg

HPIM0048.jpg

Notice the abundance of CRAP!
So in an effort to aleviate the amount of crap. I decided to purchase a shed (to be hereafter known as a "crapholder"). Here is the before:
HPIM0047.jpg

Here is the crapholder after about 2 1/2 hours of cussing and hitting with a hammer...the directions said 60 minutes, I say BS. Although not bad for me working alone & I'm only about 5' tall and 110 lbs.
HPIM0050.jpg

And just for the heck of it here is a pic of my quail (about 30 of 'em). Iwas going to use them as snake food, but dang they are so cute!
HPIM0051.jpg

Eventually I hope to have my 2 pages worth of projects done...if any other misfortunes arise, I'll make sure I get pictures and maybe let some of you sign any casts I end up with!

robin

rrhill said:
So I decided I was going to be productive with my summer & get stuff done around the house. Even made a list that stretched 2 pages...then I took a nap.
LOL.. for some reson i find the patagraph quite amusing
The 1st phase of this operation was yard work, so I mowed the grass. I got stung on my ankle by a wasp and promptly ran into the house yelling "OW" and carrying on like a little baby.
weiner :p
I wasn't aware that a bee had also gone up my shorts until of course it stung me on the inside of my thigh.
you mean you got stung on the cooch? :shocked2:

R

rrhill

I am not a weiner!
I didn't get stung on my "goodies" but it was damn close...about 2 inches! Luckily I wasn't going "commando" while I was mowing the grass. I really should have been wearing pants but it was sooooo hot. And being a science teacher you would think I would know that bees and other little stinging buggers are attracted to yellow & I was out there in my big ol' yellow shorts! Should have just rubbed nectar all over my body and ran into a wasp/bee nest! My ankle burned/stung for the rest of the day.

robin

rrhill said:
I am not a weiner!
I didn't get stung on my "goodies" but it was damn close...about 2 inches! Luckily I wasn't going "commando" while I was mowing the grass. I really should have been wearing pants but it was sooooo hot. And being a science teacher you would think I would know that bees and other little stinging buggers are attracted to yellow & I was out there in my big ol' yellow shorts! Should have just rubbed nectar all over my body and ran into a wasp/bee nest! My ankle burned/stung for the rest of the day.
2 inches is too close =|
i guess lesson learned?

*mental note: start wearing underware when going outside*

R

rrhill

Ok, you guys are turning a perfectly harmless post into smut with all your talk about "underwear" and such!
Keep up the good work!:main_thumbsup:

nwheat

Sounds like a great start to the summer! :lipsrsealed: At least you really did manage to get a lot done despite the stingers!

I have a similar list. We started with my daughter's room - it looked much like your garage, except the "crap" was in the form of birthday party favors, fast food toys, outgrown toys, and about 80,000 paper crowns. We got rid of 3 bags of trash, 8 bags to good will, 2 bags of good hand-me-down baby clothes and a small stack for the attic. Next stop, my son's room! Oh, and the garden - better plant it soon if it's gonna happen....

Fortunately, there were no bees here....

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
This is the funnies thread that I have read in a TONG time! Thanks ofor the laughs Robin!

As for the projects go, I feel your pain. My house and yard are works -in-process.

It is funny, I bought the same shed (rubbermaid right). And, it took my roommate and I longer than 60 minutes too (Rubbermaid Lies!) When I looked at your picture of your shed, I had to do a double take, your yard looks a lot like mine at that angle, rocks and eveything! (except for the fence, I would kill for a fenced in yard, but I have 1 1/4 acres of land, a fence just isn't in the budget).

As for the garage...GOOD LUCK!

brandy101010

Hope you get everything on your list done! as for mine, I barely get my daily list done let alone plan one for the whole summer!

Visit our friends