Outcome question

merlin_008

Having trouble figuring out this outcome....eclipse het temper X temper het diablo blanco
also raptor X temper het diablo blanco...thanks in advance!

artgecko

Essentially, a Diablo Blanco is a combination of 4 recessive traits, Blizzards, Tremper Albinos, Tremper Eclipse, and Patternless Stripe.
- http://www.leopardgeckowiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Diablo_Blanco

wow, there are going to be many possible combinations. Not sure why you would want to do this...

eclipse het temper X temper het diablo blanco

Well, you will get :
eclipse
tremper albino
eclipse, tremper albino
Plus a lot of hets and possible hets. all will at least be 100% het tremper, and 100% het eclipse. all 50% (?) possible het Blizzards and Patternless Stripe.

raptor X temper het diablo blanco
this is also:
eclipse, albino, patternless stripe X albino, het blizzard, het eclipse, het patternless stripe.

100% will he tremper albino
some eclipse, some patternless
all will also be at least 100% het patternless stripe, and 100% het eclipse.
all 50% het blizzard.

so albino, albino eclipse, albino patternless, albino patternless eclipse (raptor)
albino 100% het eclipse 100% het patterless
albino 100% het eclipse 100% het patterless 50% het blizzard
etc.

Again, I am not sure why you would do this. You would be unsure of most of the offspring.

Wandering Paddle

As far as a good male goes,it depends if you are going only for diablo blancos. If i had a tremper het DB i would want to breed it with a raptor het blizzard... or mack raptor het blizzard if i could find one.

eclipse het tremper x tremper het db:
25% eclipse het tremper 50% het blizzard
25% raptor 50% het blizzard
25% tremper het eclipse 50% het blizzard
25% "normal" het raptor 50% het blizzard

Tremper eclipse (raptor) x tremper het db:
50% raptor 50% het blizzard
50% tremper het eclipse 50% het blizzard

BSM

various ways but if you want something to breed to your female temper het db the best thing would be to look on various breeders websites for a snow raptor het blizzard. In better look in the classifieds here there are various animals that would be good pairing depending on what you want.

Bryan

merlin_008

I have a snow raptor. I am wondering how to make the offspring het blizzard? Would it be easier/ cheaper to find a raptor het blizzard. Let them mate and take the best offspring to mate with the temper het db??

BSM

If you want to know possible outcomes go here http://dev.lovegeckos.com/ and you be the judge on what to due. Your either going to spend some money to get a snow raptor het blizzard and have a chance at getting a snow DB in 2010 or will have to breed the snow raptor to the het db and hope to get another snow raptor that is het for blizzard for the following year. As everyone said its all up to you and what due you want to produce.

Bryan

Visit our friends