Over Heated Reps (Geckos, and Chams)

S

susan

Help... my leaf-tail (Uroplatus Fimbriatus) and Jackson Cham. females both - became overheated yesterday. The Cham. is slowly coming too.
They're both being kept at 76F with multiple mistings by hand.
The leaftail is unresponsive with eyes dialated to different degree's - and unresponsive to light directed at the pupil. Her coloring shifts from white on the extremeties (tail & nose & hand/feet) with grey/brown on the core to the opposite, now her core is white.
Any suggestions?
Thanks, in advance...

ps: both were exposed to extreme heat when temps rose to close to 100F outside yesterday and they failed to seek cover in their screened outdoor enclosure.

T-ReXx

Uroplatus Fanatic
That fimbritatus is in severe heat stroke. You need to lower the temps even more, to the low 70s at least. Continue heavy regular misting. And keep her indoors in hot weather, Uroplatus don't really appreciate direct sunlight and are VERY sensitive to high temps. If she's as unresponsive as you say she is, a trip to the vet may be in order for subcue fluids. Uroplatus are extremely sensitive to extremes in temperature, and in the future I would really reconsider exposing her to temps beyond the mid 70s. Also, I hope you're not keeping those two animals together(even temporarily outdoors) as both are very easily stressed, and have very different environmental requirements.
I wish you luck, most leaf tails have a hard time recovering from such extremes, and they die VERY easily.

Visit our friends