Panicking; accidentally broke two tiles

Onify

About a month ago I changed around Sebastians tank because I got him a new hide. I was very pleased with it, temps looked fine, and imo the tank looked pretty cool. Plus he looked like he was enjoying it. I noticed whilst checking my temps three days ago that the hot side was reaching up to 98F and it was over 100F yesterday. Since my heating mat doesn't have a stat on it, I decided that raising the tiles via eco earth so that there was more of a barrier between the tile and the heating mat under the tank, would do it the trick. So today, while doing that, I accidentally dropped two of the 4 tiles that I was using for his tank. In an effort to band-aid it I just kinda put a little more eco earth in it on the side with the missing tiles. He looks pretty stressed, and I'm just kinda worried about it. Will he be okay with having one side tiles and one side eco earth? Or should I go out and buy more tile.

Before : Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

After : Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

First off, I just want to say that you've got a very pretty setup! Secondly, many people swear by eco earth (as long as its dry and not housing any mold or what not) and if I had to guess, your leo is probably just stressed out by change in general, and probably not because its specifically eco earth. I'm sure once he gets used to the change he'll be perfectly happy! Good luck either way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J&M UNE

7d3be0ab68de1482a7524908f6807d65.jpg

Sent from my Z936L using Tapatalk

equinelove93

7d3be0ab68de1482a7524908f6807d65.jpg

Sent from my Z936L using Tapatalk
I agree. i had the exact zoo med mat that didnt have a reheostat. Big lesson learned there. The mat melted and almost caused a fire. Thankfully the circuit breaker flipped and shut off all electricity upstairs once the mat began to melt and malfuntion. That was a while ago and now i dont trust any heatmat without a reostat or something to regulate the max temp.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Visit our friends