parents.nannies ect.

paintedlizards

Crazy Animal Lady
Why do people have kids only to hand them off to a nanny 80 hours a week.

My last job I was with a 3 week old little boy starting 'a few' hours a week ( usually 10) they added hours till we were at about 50 ( 8-5pm) then some additional evenings. some early mornings. I lived 4 miles from them so I'd even take little D home with me from saturday night to monday sometimes so they could go two states away and visit ( drinking, parties ect) and not worry about him. from six months up i literally would just get there in the am...chat with mom, have breakfast ( we cooked together) and then do whatever I needed to do all day- WITH baby. it was a good arrangement. i took him to the dr. to santa pics to everything. I shopped for his clothes . . .

After 9 1/2 months of this he stopped wanting his parents when he'd fall. Or when I'd leave for the night and he'd have about 2 hrs of awake time with them before bed and he'd spend it WAILING. He started talking and called me mamma ( i NEVER encouraged this- I just didn't say anything but my name back... he'd say mama and i'd say Tina ). So end of story ... he's now in daycare for those hours ( a BIG place with lots of kids) and they have a new nanny and twins ( that she got via invitro when D was 6 months old or so- big rush).

my new bosses don't need a nanny. I work 20 hours a week. Three kids- 4, 8 months and 2. The dad always 'rescues' the 2 yo from me when he's crabbing ( usually bc i wont stuff him with crackers or let him paint his face with the watercolors...) which is usually from about 10am - 12 ( when he goes down for a nap- the one thing i'm allowed to make him do). and I just have the baby since the 4yo is in 'school' . The grandmas home too. Now the grandpa just retired. They all live together for the time being. I just feel useless. the baby sleeps from 9-1130 and then from 130-whenever ( i put him down and leave for the day) .. the 2 yo is down from 12 till after i leave. So i literally have 15 minutes of baby in the am... dad takes 2yo to drop other son off and run errands and then they come back around 11. I give him lunch, play outside for 20 minutes and then put him down and grab the baby. . . who plays on the floor with me for an hour and then naps too.

Dad is ALWAYS there. Grandma won't let me 'overtire' myself.

I don't understand why people have kids that someone else is raising 80 hrs a week. Or why they hire help that they won't allow to do their job.

L

lizardlove

I feel bad for the children AND the parents. The children deserve a real family, but the parents! They MUST have had children to enjoy the joys of parenthood, but they don't seem to realize that 18 years will fly by so quickly. 18 years, and they'll wake up and realize that their kids don't really know or need them, and they missed all the beautiful growing-up moments. It's really unfortunate.

Visit our friends