Pepper :/

Geckomaster743

Well Pepper died last week and It sucks. She was an amazing Hedgehog and Im so sorry that she got infected with mites. She was a great pet and I found this photo of her in my bed snuggling. We were only together for around 2 - 3 months. Times like this make me wish I didnt spend time playing Video games all day but devoting all the time I had to her. Shes the nicest pet I have ever had, All she has ever wanted was to be with me from the Moment she wakes up, To bath time, To eating and every other second shes not doing any thing. She was a great pet. I love you pepper <3 photo-6.JPG

Geckomaster743

Honestly I'm not sure. I found out too late when the infection was already really bad. I watched her energy slip away from her day by day. Like I said I didnt know what I was dealing with and I thought I could take care of this on my own. I was so frustrated after calling my Dad that he couldnt take me even though the Vet said they would do it for free since its my first time. I'm not waiting next time, And I'll know what to look out for.. I just wish I had a second chance.

jenna

Ya that is sad. That reminds me of when I was about 14 my dad bought me a rotwiller and my sister a beagle. We went to some ones house and they had dog that they didnt take care of, well both of the dogs got parvo. First my sister dog did. It got taken to the vet and was treated. My dog witch was still a puppy about 5 months, got it about 1 week later and it didnt get taken to the vet. I had to watch it slowly and painfully die. It was horrible. Because there is nothing you can do for it unless you take it to the vet. Frst they stop eating then drinking, then less active, then vomiting blood......It was sooo sad. :(:(:(. At that time my dad was working on the slope and my mother was a drunk so there was no way to take him to the vet before it got to bad, I had to watch him suffer. So I feel your pain.

Geckotopia

Oh Jenna, I'm sorry....Pepper is bad..... but parvo and a drunk mom. No good. Maybe there is some link between reptile lovers and kids with rough families....... I feel you in more ways than i will list here. I was fortunate. By the time my pets ever got in trouble, I was older, and independent enough to know to get a cab, go to the vet- then call and embarrass an absent parent. No pet loss story is easy. Darkmaster, Jenna.... I'm sorry for your losses new and old. We all learn, and we all move forward...right?

jenna

Oh Jenna, I'm sorry....Pepper is bad..... but parvo and a drunk mom. No good. Maybe there is some link between reptile lovers and kids with rough families....... I feel you in more ways than i will list here. I was fortunate. By the time my pets ever got in trouble, I was older, and independent enough to know to get a cab, go to the vet- then call and embarrass an absent parent. No pet loss story is easy. Darkmaster, Jenna.... I'm sorry for your losses new and old. We all learn, and we all move forward...right?
Ya I was older to know that something was WAY wrong but I lived out in the boonies so I was straned. Yes we do learn and move forward, for the longest time I was very angery at my mother for alot of things.... The list could go on for ever.. but that would have to be another post or even another fourm.. But she has sence sobbered up and I have forgiven her. We now have a rather close connection. I call every other day and see how she is doing, her health is not so great now a days.

Geckomaster743

Yeah sorry I was a bit late to respond but yeah Ive been a bit busy lately. Just found out her sleeping mate Cinnamon also has mites so she's going to see a Vet this time. I already picked the vet and treatment. Hope she doesn't have the mites that require Ivermectin. Hedgehogs usually don't survive that treatment. Thanks for the Concern Jenna and Gecktopia.

jenna

Yeah sorry I was a bit late to respond but yeah Ive been a bit busy lately. Just found out her sleeping mate Cinnamon also has mites so she's going to see a Vet this time. I already picked the vet and treatment. Hope she doesn't have the mites that require Ivermectin. Hedgehogs usually don't survive that treatment. Thanks for the Concern Jenna and Gecktopia.
Well I hope all goes well, let us know what happens!

Visit our friends