Perlite...

StatikStepz

www.ThePerfectGecko.com
I'm going to try 100% Perlite as my incubation medium for all eggs this year... Anyone know of any good and cheap websites to buy Perlite (Perlite WITHOUT the bad chemicals/fertilizers)?? Or for those that use Perlite, where do YOU buy yours from (online)??? I can only seem to find websites that sell Perlite WITH the fertilizers in it...

Thanks!:main_thumbsup:

StatikStepz

www.ThePerfectGecko.com
Are the 2 different kinds of vermiculite and perlite both WITHOUT fertilizers...? Can't tell by reading the descriptions of each...

With the exception of the "Big and Chunky" Perlite, there are 2 different kinds of Vermiculite, and 2 different kinds of Perlite... Should i just order the very 1st kind of Perlite?

I'm actually thinking of getting 1 bag of each now tho... lol... Robin, what kind of Vermiculite do u get? The 1st one (coarse) or 2nd one listed (fine grade)?

robin

i get the course and those aer witrhout fertilizers. oh and year you want the 16 dry quarts. the 1.5 bushel is LOADS LOL

StatikStepz

www.ThePerfectGecko.com
Robin, have you ever used a mix of 1/2 and 1/2? (1/2 Vermiculite, and 1/2 Perlite)? How did this work for you?

...Or anyone else for that matter?

robin

i have not used half and half. i have only used perlite once and i didn't like it. i prefer vermiculite. (sorry for my post before this it was late and i was tired LOL uber typos)

StatikStepz

www.ThePerfectGecko.com
(sorry for my post before this it was late and i was tired LOL uber typos)

It's all good, i was able to figure it out! lol

We have all had those nites once or twice where we are all cracked out from lack of sleep and up late on these forums cuz we can't sleep, lol...

Visit our friends