Photo tour of my Herp Room

T-ReXx

Uroplatus Fanatic
I recently acquired 11 new tanks and some misc stuff (along with a pair of Beardies and a female normal ball) from a friend so I've spent the past 3 days completely redoing my herp room. There's still a few changes I'll be making here and there but as I had a long weekend I figured I'd better capitalize and got most of it done. I'm fairly satisfied with the outcome.

First upon entry next to the doorway is a stand with a screen cage housing a pair of Tokays. One of my incubators is below it.

tokaycage1.jpg

On the next wall next to that is a wire unit with some Zilla Fresh Air Atriums housing Cresties and Gargs. The bottom screens are covered for humidity retention. The 6.5 quarts on top house baby Rhacs.

Wall1C.jpg

wall1D.jpg

Next to that is my Ball Python Rack which also has a few afts in it.
Those ugly labels were simply for moving purposes, they have since been replaced.
ballrack.jpg

wall1A.jpg

On top of that are a couple of 106qt Vert tubs. The one on the left has a pair of Ghyra marginata, the right has a big normal male tokay and my patternless green female.
tokaysandghyra.jpg

Next wall has another wire rack with two 90qt vert tubs on the bottom with tokays in each.
wall1B.jpg

On top of these are my Uroplatus tanks, U. fimbriatus pair on the left, U, henkeli pair on the right.
wall2A.jpg

U. fimbriatus
fimbcage1.jpg

We Blend In! DURRRRRRP
fimbcage2.jpg

U. henkeli
henkcage1.jpg

Cloud the male
henkcage2.jpg

Next to that is another wire unit with a couple of currently empty tanks on top that I plan to use for U. sikorae and U. lineatus and 3 balls on the lower shelves. This will be replaced with another smaller ball rack once I get it built.

wall2b.jpg

On the next wall is the gigantic Beardie tank with Gilligan and Maryanne.
dragoncage1.jpg

Dragoncage4.jpg

dragoncage5.jpg

Next to that is another stand with some empty tanks I'll be verting out for hatchlings and possibly some more Uroplatus. The drawer unit has Rhac eggs in it.

wall31.jpg

And finally there's a little area with my roach tub and some misc supply storage.

roaches.jpg

And in another room I have some rats. :main_laugh:

rats.jpg

babygotrhac

JessP
how many years did this take you rexx? or are you like me and have a serious addiction, you blink and suddenly everything has appeared there? haha. absolutely insane. one day i hope to have my own reptile room, right now its the whole right side of our living room but we make do. i can only pray that one day we have a room as big and as nice as yours. by the way, love your uros! my boyfriend was showing me their awesome little beardies haha, really interesting guys for sure. anyways im rambling on here, just wanted to let you know how much i enjoyed this, great work man.

IslaReina

Wow what a great reptile room!! And some funny pictures ;) I am so glad I found this thread today, I just got a Cuban Knight Anole and I couldn't find any vertical tubs so I have a large wide one like your pictured. I was toying with the idea of putting them vertical like that, how does that work for you? Your seem to be on a slight angle like mine would be, how do you get them to not fall over? Also, how do you add the door to the front of your because that would be PERFECT for mine, I think we may actually have the same exact container lol. It looks like a simple set of hinges but I am not handily at all! I have a hole cut out of the front like yours with screen attached, is that also what you did on top to let the uvb light through? Thanks so much, I really really appreciate your reply!

Visit our friends