pink veins on bottom of egg in incubator?

staceyleigh

Ok I have a weird one-at least to me it is! I have 1 egg in my incubator that had been candling yellow, now today I saw some pink veins, but they are at the bottom of the egg. This egg has not changed position. I marked the top of the egg when I placed it in about 1 week ago. When I candle my other 3 eggs in the incubator, the pink veins are on the top, which is where I thought they were supposed to be. So I don't know if I should flip this one egg, or just leave it be? I really had thought it was a dud, but now that I am seeing a little pink, it might be ok?

tb144050

Sounds like a glimmer of hope! I will cross my fingers for you. :D

This isn't "experienced advice", but I remember reading that the inside of the egg isn't attached to the egg for "X" amount of time. I just can't remember how long. That's why momma can roll them around when they are first layed.

If the egg was found somewhat "buried" (very stable & stationary), then I would probably leave it in that position because it is unlikely that it was rolled over after it had time to "settle".

If you found it "loose" somewhere, like on the open floor, then that creates the possibility/probability that is was "knocked over later...after it had settled."

So idk...just food for thought. Hopefully this helps. :)

Visit our friends