Pinkies

GeckoDude94

Hey everybody just wondering when can a leo eat a pinkie. I have heard 7 months and then i have heard a year just wondering when you started feeding your geckos pinkies for a treat and if after you feed them a pinkie they don't eat for a couple of days because they are pretty big or do they eat the next day.:)

JordanAng420

Remember that leopard geckos are insectivores, not carnivores. Pinkies are not needed as long as a well-balanced, gut-loaded, dusted diet is offered. If you feel like your gecko needs a treat, try switching up his diet a little...crickets one week, mealies the next, maybe some silkworms, you can try roaches they seem to LOVE those.

A lot of people feed them as treats, and to their breeding females...if you absolutely feel the need to try a pinkie, i'd wait until the gecko is fully grown, which is usually around 9 months to a year...but like I said, they aren't necessary at all.

DarthGekko

Sin City Gecko
Remember that leopard geckos are insectivores, not carnivores. Pinkies are not needed as long as a well-balanced, gut-loaded, dusted diet is offered. If you feel like your gecko needs a treat, try switching up his diet a little...crickets one week, mealies the next, maybe some silkworms, you can try roaches they seem to LOVE those.

A lot of people feed them as treats, and to their breeding females...if you absolutely feel the need to try a pinkie, i'd wait until the gecko is fully grown, which is usually around 9 months to a year...but like I said, they aren't necessary at all.

I agree with Maia. I only give them to breeder females or males if they lose a little weight during breeding. Stick to the bugs :)

L

leonewbie

I agree with all of the above, and will add, that the poor little things look so sad in the tank that i couldn't do it...

Visit our friends