Plant Identification Help

mira_kaylee

Hello! Yesterday i went into PetCo to get some live tropical plants to start growing in a terrarium for my future gargoyle geckos, but sadly I don't know exactly what species they are. Anyone who knows a bit about tropical flora is welcome to give me some input please! :D

I bought:
Bamboo x2
and these....can anyone tell me what any of these are, other than tropical plants lol?
tropicalplant1.jpg tropicalplant2.jpg tropicalplant3.jpg tropicalplant4.jpg

GiggleSheep

I'm definitely no expert, but the first one reminds me of deiffenbachia, which is toxic. The second plant looks like a species of dracaena. I've only seen the third a handful of times, and it may also be dracaena. The last plant could be one of less colorful species of bromeliad. The only one I'm pretty positive about is the second, but hopefully this is a good start to help you find out what they are for sure.

GiggleSheep

Well that depends. I don't know for sure that it is deiffenbachia, but if it is, it's only toxic if chewed or ingested. It can also cause fluid build up under the skin on contact, but that's rare. I have a different species of deiffenbachia in one of my tokay gecko tanks and it doesn't bother them because they don't eat it. I don't know anything about gargoyles, so I can't tell you if it's safe for them. It's really up to you and whether or not you want to risk it. Again, I'd do more research to make sure it really is deiffenbachia. It may not be, it just kind of looks like it from your pic.

Visit our friends