Please Help - leopard Gecko

Dlauder

My son has a leopard gecko and this morning he noticed the tail is pouring up at the end and appears to be sensitive to the touch. Normally I can pet the lizard and its tail and now it won't let us and it seems to be uncomfortable in moving.

Weight is fine and it seems to be eating okay.
Tail is healthy and large just the tip and a bit on the end is pointing up and this it not normal for it.

Any suggestions or thoughts or questions (for more information)

Thank you

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Sometimes the end of the tail can get damaged. Among other things this can happen because:
--somehow the gecko got into a tight space and the tail got squeezed
--something got dropped on the tail
--another gecko bit it
--the gecko had a tough time getting off the shed and somehow bit its tail
--the gecko was in the warm hide, it's too hot in there (because the under tank heater doesn't have a thermostat) and the gecko got burned

I have no idea if any of these pertain to your gecko, since I don't know your situation. If you have no thermostat, you may need to get one. There's a chance that the end of this gecko's tail will eventually get brittle and drop off. The tail tip will regenerate and it will look very much like the original tail. If you see that it keeps getting worse, and the abnormal look is moving up the tail, you're going to have to make an appointment with a reptile vet because the gecko will need some medical attention.

Aliza

Visit our friends