Please Help!!

M

madaaron06

I have a 10-12 week old baby leopard gecko. She hasnt ate in about 2-3weeks now. she stoped pooping and is peeing or releasing some kind of yellow liquid. She has ate since she first shed. She was eating 6-8 meal worms and then she stopped. I've taken her to the vet and got some medication to stimulate her eating. Did that for a week and she didnt eat. Then last week saw him again and said to get a heat light. Been doing that for a couple days and not working. Her tail is thin and I don't want her to die. I know she has been taking in water but that is it. Please help me. This is my first gecko and I don't want anything to happen to her. Ill post pictures tomorrow of how she looks. But currently inactive and sleeps ALOT.

Thanks,

Aaron

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
To help you we need to know:

What are the ground (not air) temperatures on the hot side?

What substrate is she on?

Where did you get her from?

Did the vet do a fecal exam?

Aliza

CSMGecko

Quality Leopard Geckos
To add to the list of Aliza Qs:

What type of heating are you using?

Are you using Tap Water or Bottle Water?

Have you tried to feed small crickets at all?

M

madaaron06

questions and answer.
1. 86 to 86.5
2. papertowels
3. local guy who breeds em
4. No
5. I've got a heat pad but the vet told me to use a heat lamp for 13 hours.
6. bottle water
7. none

Shes in a ten gallon tank. The guy I got her from was supposed to check on her but hes gave me an excuse to why he couldn't.

GeckoGal

GeckoGal
86 is way to cold, it needs to be 92-94, it could be she's too cold and can't digest the food so he stopped eating. try getting a thermostat and plugging it into the under tank heater, which should be on 24/7. I personly don't like heat lamps, and if the tempature can be reached without it I'd suggest not using it. Good Luck with her, hope this helps!

M

madaaron06

well right now i currently have the heat pad unpluged but ill plug it back in thanks

CSMGecko

Quality Leopard Geckos
Put the pad on either a thermostat or rhetrostat(dimmer). This will help to regulate the proper temps. Lights can be used as supplemental heat but shouldn't be used as a main source.

Also I would try to feed her small crickets probably about 1/2-3/4 inch size. Maybe she is bored with mealies and wants some different type of food. Leos are strange eaters sometimes and will change their mind on what they feel like that day.

M

madaaron06

Good News! I got her to eat some crickets two. I'm so happy. Anyone know how many a baby will eat a day?? I'm going to get a thermostat whenever i get paid. Currently leaving the mealworms in with her but shee took to the crickets. My vet called and said that the tank should be 80-85 is this right??

Stomlin35

Gamer momma
The hot side should be 91-94 degrees. 80-85 is fine for the cool side, but you'll need the hot side for them to digest properly.

ReptarNDukeNukem

Gecko Newbie
Good News! I got her to eat some crickets two. I'm so happy. Anyone know how many a baby will eat a day?? I'm going to get a thermostat whenever i get paid. Currently leaving the mealworms in with her but shee took to the crickets. My vet called and said that the tank should be 80-85 is this right??

You should feed a baby as much as they want to eat.If they do not want to eat anymore they just leave the crickets alone.If you ever put the crickets in the tank make sure you take our the crickets she did not eat in a 25 minute period because if kept in too ling with the leo,the leo will be stressed our drop its tail and the crickets will bite at the leo.

Visit our friends