Poco or Pequeño?

T

The Sunset Gang

This is my little boy banded gecko. Thanks so much Marcia! I didn't want to stress him out, so the pictures aren't that good. They are blurry because he runs too darn fast. He is a big boy at 2 grams. And..... I can't decide on a name. I have it down to Poco or Pequeño. So, if anyone wants to tell me which they like better. Thanks for looking!!

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
I like "Poco" or "Poquito". Both mean 'small' in Spanish, but "Poquito" (pronounced poh-KEE-toe) is a more endearing term for something that is sweet and small.

T

The Sunset Gang

Well ..... after much thought, he ate last night. And when I was watching him eat, he just looked like a Poco kind of fella. So Poco it is. Thanks!

T

The Sunset Gang

Poco means a little. I will ask my Spanish teacher tomorrow if it means slow, because if thats the case, he will have his named changed because he is anything but slow.

Sandra

Marcia is right. Slow would be "lento" (adjective) or "despacio" (adverb), I'm fairly sure about it ;)

I would have gone with Poquito, I think it's cute :p Poquitooo

T

The Sunset Gang

Thanks Sandra! I just got home and my Spanish teacher confirmed what I already said. And Sandra, I think you should be 100% sure....haha.

Visit our friends