"poop" corner

got spots?

leo lover
Okay, so today I accidentally cover up where my gecko alice usually goes to the bathroom. she decided to climb onto the hide that covered it and poop on there. It is sooo sad I didn't see that lol. she is a baby and only ever climbed once as far as I know.:D

Adinar

Oh, geez. I have one who used to have a normal poop spot. Then she decided to change it. Now it's on top of whatever hide I put in there. I actually had to take her bonsai looking tree out as a result. hehe.

erik

Gecko Newbie
any suggestions on relocating a poop corner? They have decided to poop under the built-in shelter, the hardest place to get to...havent seen it yet but cant find poop anywhere else. Good to see that they seek privacy for their rest room activities :) but could I somehow psychologically confuse them and have them poop somewhere else?

Maybe i should get the gravel they pooped on and put it in a different corner...

F

fikken

They seem to either like pooping on a specific spot in the tank or item. I have been redecorating my leopard geckos tank a few times since i got them and its been changing each time. Initially in the 20g setup i had with repti carpet they pooped under neath a rock ledge i had. I moved it the the other side and they decided to poop underneath it on the opposite side of the tank. When i transferred them into the 60g setup i moved the ledge 4 different times and even put it at an angle and they still climb it to poop on top of it. I am more than sure that this si their designated poop rock

Srt14292

Est; 1992
Heres a top tip for changing poop corners, Clean out all of the tank, disinfect everything, but retain a poop sample, find the corner you wish for them to go "potty" in and place the poop there wrapped up in a tissue.
Leave them a while and they will scent out and poop right on top or near the tissued poo.

Visit our friends