Possible Duds

KashMoneyExotics

My female just layer her second clutch, but this one seems to be infertile. The eggs are really soft and squishy, like a partially deflated balloon. Anyway I candled them to try to see an embryo, and theres no sign of a embryo. I still decided to incubate them in a separate container, away from the fertile ones already cooking. I’m a little upset since this is my first year breeding but I’ll check in the mourning to see if the embryo settled. :(

I also wanted to ask, do leopard gecko eggs come out soft and squishy like the ones I just found. She did lay them probably no more than 1 hour ago. The first clutch, the eggs came out hard , but I don’t know how long ago she laid them that night.

tb144050

I just hatched my first egg ever and it had no sign of being fertile....it just never molded and then it hatched.

All my other eggs seem to vary slightly in the texture, probably depending on the amount of time it was there and the humidity of the lay area.

Just incubate, hope, and don't lose any sleep over it. :) There will be more eggs :D

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
When they're first laid they tend to be a bit soft, but the ones that are really squishy with no shape are usually infertile. My best female layer from last year, who laid 21 eggs all of which hatched, has so far laid 3 infertile clutches this year. Go figure.

Aliza

KashMoneyExotics

Yeah it’s not a huge deal I’ll put some weight back on her and pair her back up with the male. And Aliza, do you think you’ll have any eclipses or snow eclipses this year?

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I will definitely have both eclipses and snow eclipses this year. So far I have 2 that could be considered to be Mack snow eclipse, both posted in different threads on the site. More coming quickly.

Aliza

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I don't know what I"m doing with that total eclipse yet. I have about 8 garg eggs in the incubator, first due to hatch in about 2 weeks. Incubating in 2 different incubators for both male and female.

Aliza

Visit our friends