Possible Leo's comin my way.

tyler407

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410647564.952510.jpg

So I have this tv stand that's 30" long by 18" deep by 18" high with a shelf in the middle. Would that be a big enough enclosure? And if I got fancy and kept the shelf in there would it be big enough for keeping 2 separated? I would put some lighting and belly heat sources in there. Just led for show because I know they don't need UVB. I think those dimensions are bigger than a 10 gallon. Not taller if I keep the shelf in there but length and width it should be

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
30x18x18 should be big enough for 2 or 3 (if they'll get along together). If you can heat the shelf and they can't get from one part to another, that could be another space. The real issue is how much ventilation you'll have so it doesn't get too humid.

Aliza

tyler407

30x18x18 should be big enough for 2 or 3 (if they'll get along together). If you can heat the shelf and they can't get from one part to another, that could be another space. The real issue is how much ventilation you'll have so it doesn't get too humid.

Aliza

I will be adding vents on the back and a mesh screen on top for lights. But if I leave the shelf it means height wise each level is only 8" to the roof or so

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Leos are terrestrial and don't need height. I have a bunch of front-opening vivs that are only 6-8" tall and everyone is fine,

ALiza

tyler407

Leos are terrestrial and don't need height. I have a bunch of front-opening vivs that are only 6-8" tall and everyone is fine,

ALiza

Now I just have to figure out what to do with the front glass. It's a tv stand so they have the magnets that click. I'm thinking they couldn't open it but I don't want to find out

Josh2

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
That looks like it will work pretty well. Have you retrofitted it already? How's it working out?

tyler407

That looks like it will work pretty well. Have you retrofitted it already? How's it working out?

I have I went and bought a couple 90 degree mini wall mounts that have holes in them and mounted them to the upper part so I can hook a lock through it and then the door can't open I haven't picked up a leo just yet but it's ready

Visit our friends