Possibly dehydrated or sick crested gecko?

scooter678

Hello my name is bob and i have been noticing my crested gecko hasnt been eating his repashy crested gecko diet as much as he used to. Another thing i have noticed is his weight, he has been getting very skinny and i notice his eyes are just slightly sunken in. I mist his cage every day and was wondering what i should do to get him hydrated because i already put him in a tupper ware container with damp paper towels and let him drink. I am very concerned because he has also been acting sluggish and out of energy too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cindycctd

Hi my gargoyle gecko is going through the same thing only I have noticed his bottom jaw is swollen also. I have bought crickets and dusted with repashy calcium powder and tried mixing it in with his regular repashy food as he usually doesn't eat crickets...I don't know what else to do he just seems to keep getting worse!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hypancistrus

Mason Dixon Reptiles
Try switching to Pangea crested gecko diet. Mine prefer it IMMENSELY over the Repashy. It comes in many flavors. Mine love the watermelon and the banana-mango flavors.

yoshi'smom

OUROBOROS EXOTICS
Pangea does seem to be very popular.
I noticed the dates on the original threads to be in the dead of winter as well.
Generally crested and gargoyle geckos will slow down their food consumption in the winter and will resume eating closer to spring.
I had my oldest female garg go off food completely for about 3 months. She only lost a few grams but has started eating again. This is a normal thing. The only time you should start to worry is when they start loosing significant weight (8 grams or more- depending on the size of the animal).

Visit our friends