Profits???

mynewturtle

I do make profit. I sell some higher end animals, those do not make me my money. I cover my expense by whole saling lower quality animals: Normals, albino etc. to my local pet store normally 10 lots. The other animals are normally all profit!

dprince

Mod Squad Member
No ego means no need for self validation.

Actually.........

e-go –noun, plural e⋅gos. 1. the “I” or self of any person; a person as thinking, feeling, and willing, and distinguishing itself from the selves of others and from objects of its thought.
2. Psychoanalysis. the part of the psychic apparatus that experiences and reacts to the outside world and thus mediates between the primitive drives of the id and the demands of the social and physical environment.
3. egotism; conceit; self-importance: Her ego becomes more unbearable each day.
4. self-esteem or self-image; feelings: Your criticism wounded his ego.
5. (often initial capital letter) Philosophy. a. the enduring and conscious element that knows experience.
b. Scholasticism. the complete person comprising both body and soul.

6. Ethnology. a person who serves as the central reference point in the study of organizational and kinship relationships.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Origin:
1780–90; < L: I; psychoanalytic term is trans. of G (das) Ich (the) I

Taken from Dictionary.com

And quotes like this one:

Their is not a 13 year old on this planet that can outsell me or any breeder that I grew up with.

certainly don't jive with no need for self validation.

I made my mark on this industry before the internet even existed so all my deals and sales were made with a handshake.

If you made your mark, and it was a positive one, why on earth would you not want us to know who you are, and only the vaguest details about anything? It makes no sense. Unless you have something to hide, why not stand up and back up your words? Why hide behind a computer screen?

Maybe if the moderators stop picking fights with people they could spend their time more productively.......like analyzing how to become profitable.

The only person in this whole thread picking fights is you. Which, perhaps, has been your intention all along:

Thank you Landen......I agree. People I do not mean any disrespect but making money at this hobby is all about working smart not working hard......you do not need the most up to date gadget or the newest morph, it is all about producing a healthy animal and then convincing your customer that they are getting exactly what they were looking for....but not everyone is a born salesman so they will struggle even if they have better animals. LOL....bring on the hate mail.

Phrases like "drag us into your personal hell" which of COURSE you state didn't apply to anyone in particular are thrown in to your posts. Phrases that are sure the catch attention in a negative fashion, and attempt to direct attention away from the subject at hand. Statements that might be considered picking a fight.

The rest of us have shared our experiences, ideas, etc. We've tried to get to know YOU by asking questions, which you respond to with defensiveness, evasivness, and red herrings. Why the games?

This thread is about whether or not a person has what it takes to be successful or is willing to do what it takes to turn a profit and NOT ME......I do not want any of you to be concerned with who I am or the friends/breeders I have made over the years......quality sells itself. Please stay on topic and do not referrence me directly, only the concepts that have made my peers a healthy living.

That's interesting.......you say "bring on the hate mail", but when people ask you genuine, direct questions to help validate that the information you are so freely offering comes from a reliable source.........you refuse to answer, and try to redirect the conversation to the "mean mods", "This thread is about whether or not a person has what it takes to be successful or is willing to do what it takes to turn a profit and NOT ME......I do not want any of you to be concerned with who I am or the friends/breeders I have made over the years" and (paraphrasing) "if you want the answers, buy these books or come see me in Dallas." Well, what is your firm's name and - more importantly - WHAT IS YOUR NAME? I have to know where I'm going (Dallas is an awfully big place) and who I'm going to see to help me solve my non-profitability issues.

malik454

dude im sorry but there just asking questions all u haft to do is say how u contributed so much thats all. there just asking questions the quicker u answer the quicker everyone will stop asking u questions

KelliH

I recind all offers made and now understand why my peers refuse to participate in these forum discussions.

Not everyone is going to agree with you all the time, ever. These are discussion forums and members are allowed to disagree, or agree.

By the way, myself and the rest of the members that contribute to these discussions are your peers.

Gregg M

Registered Member
By the way, myself and the rest of the members that contribute to these discussions are your peers.

I guess he will not consider us as peers because we are not as good as him...

So why are we not good enough to be your peers??? Is it because we are (in your eyes) not good salespersons??? Are we not as advanced in the hobby as you because you might have bred some large constrictors??? Why exactly would you not consider us peers???

Landen

LSReptiles
Thanks for the support kelli. I value your opinion and that means alot. I've taken alot of pride in providing healthy, prime examples of what these animals can be. I'm constantly searching for something that I can do better to impact my animals. The information that you and others on here have is invalueable to me and I'm sure alot of others like myself.

Magic merlin, I think that you may have just rubbed a few people the wrong way without knowing you had done it. I recognize key phrases that your throwing out there as sales stratagies. That's great, I myself have been in sales my whole life. I can sell icecream to an eskimoe, but I chose to sell my animals with enthusiastic information. I don't push animals on people that aren't really interested cause I value the care that will go to the animals as I send them to their new homes(not saying you do). This industry is not an aggressive sales industry. It can be, but in my opinion most who are that aggressive in this industry are just flipping animals and the animals are what suffers with poor care. Not everyone will fall in that group, but I believe they run hand in hand. That may be the reason why your having some people combat what your saying. You did kinda throw some stuff out there and now are not backing up what you said yourself. Just my opinion, but hopefully you will see this point and be able to help us all share viable information about what we all love, these animals.

See you all at the next show !! NARBC here we come !!

KelliH

Thanks for the support kelli. I value your opinion and that means alot. I've taken alot of pride in providing healthy, prime examples of what these animals can be. I'm constantly searching for something that I can do better to impact my animals. The information that you and others on here have is invalueable to me and I'm sure alot of others like myself.

Magic merlin, I think that you may have just rubbed a few people the wrong way without knowing you had done it. I recognize key phrases that your throwing out there as sales stratagies. That's great, I myself have been in sales my whole life. I can sell icecream to an eskimoe, but I chose to sell my animals with enthusiastic information. I don't push animals on people that aren't really interested cause I value the care that will go to the animals as I send them to their new homes(not saying you do). This industry is not an aggressive sales industry. It can be, but in my opinion most who are that aggressive in this industry are just flipping animals and the animals are what suffers with poor care. Not everyone will fall in that group, but I believe they run hand in hand. That may be the reason why your having some people combat what your saying. You did kinda throw some stuff out there and now are not backing up what you said yourself. Just my opinion, but hopefully you will see this point and be able to help us all share viable information about what we all love, these animals.

See you all at the next show !! NARBC here we come !!

:main_thumbsup:

eric

OREGON GECKO
You claim to have done and are able to do a lot with your reptile business, but, nobody knows who the hell you are, Interesting? This thread reminds me of the late night infomercials. Products from companies that aren't good enough to speak for themselves that need the help from fading celebraties who are also in need of a little face time before they are forgotten.

“If you want to be successful, it's just this simple. Know what you are doing. Love what you are doing. And believe in what you are doing.” W.R.

My profits are measured in friendships and I'm a very, very wealthy man!

bench

My profits are measured in friendships and I'm a very, very wealthy man!

I think this is the most important.I didn't make money off reptiles this year no big deal, but I did meet a lot of new people that share the same interest which is a plus in my books.

paulnj

Used carsalesman usually don't sell a second car after a hard sell of a car the buyer didn't want.......

justindh1

First off Merlin, all I can say that you just sold me into not liking you what so ever based on your comments, way to sell! Maybe your not wanting to say your name because you know that you have presented no skills that you have mentioned and so far have only hurt yourself and proved everyone right. Knowing the skills is not as important compaired to knowing how to implement your skills, which you show no understanding of.

Second I believe Kelly is doing pretty damn good since she has been in the industry for several years, owns her own business, and runs her own forums which is very successfull. I'd say that she is probably more successfull then you and your the so-called salesmen who can't even sell his self or ideals to anyone here. If your were so successfull then you would be more then happy to want to "advertise" yourself everywhere. Because being a saleman, You would know thats important, getting your name out but you don't want that here do you.

Last and not least is one of the most important skills of a salesman, that is the listening. You have to want to listen and understand what your customers or who ever your talking to is saying. If you don't listen then how are you going to know what to say. You show total disrespect in everything you say and have only sold your self as being rude, disrespectful, and not understanding towards other views and ideals.

I may have different opinions then some people but I also acknowledge others opinions and respect them. I may not believe them but I am not going to belittle someone just to make myself feel more important, more knowledgable and/or correct.

This is my 2 cents, which I am sure doesn't matter one bit to you based on this whole thread.

Visit our friends