Proper size enclosure for 25g garg?

artgecko

I recently added a gargoyle to my collection and want to make sure I'm treating her right. I have her in a 12x12x18 glass enclosure with a screen top. Is this a proper size for her? And will I need a bigger enclosure when she is full grown?

I'll try to get some pics up too. She is almost white when fired down but quite dark when fired up. Very dramatic color change.

Hannibal

Gray Sky Exotics
I would upgrade to a larger enclosure once quarantine is over. All of mine that are 16g+ are in their adult enclosures. The adult sizes I have are: 18x18x24, 16x16x30, and 24x18x24.

I love the color differences between fired and un-fired, they look totally different. Can't wait to see your photos.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I'm not a garg expert by a longshot, but I've been getting information suggesting that gargs don't do well in groups, especially if you want gargs with tails. Hopefully there will be feedback from more experienced garg keepers.

Aliza

Hannibal

Gray Sky Exotics
It is best not to house multiple gargs together as they can be very aggressive towards each other. Some females can actually be worse than males (at least one of mine can...she's is pure evil when she gets pissed). If you want happy, healthy gargs then it is best to house them separately.

If you want to risk housing a 1.1 or 0.2 gargs, then I would go much bigger than 24x18x24 IMO. My gargs who have the 24x18x24 use up all the space, so if you would house multiples they would get territorial and aggression/stress could/would set in. Just because they can regenerate their tails, they don't looks as good as their original tail.

If you seriously want some geckos you can house together in a 24x18x24, then I would recommend 1.1 or 0.2 of crested geckos.

Visit our friends