Protect Your Animals and Others ( Geckos/Hamsters/Fish/Rabbits/Rats/Gerbals/ETC)

Geckomaster743

I recently went searching on youtube for some information on how to find out my Gecko Morph. While searching for some Morphs that may match mine i saw a Recommended Video, Petsmart Cruelty. I decided to watch what happens and i was disqusted. Animals were OVERCROWEDED and put in to Dirty cages. If an animal ever escapes the Cage sometimes Staff Step on them on purpose and throw them in the Garbage. If an animal ever needs Medical attention after being born with problems or surviving the aftermath of some staff member they then get thrown in the garbage or are left to die. They never get help. These animals are nutured or spayed by Unprofessional Staff members who Drug the animals that are half awake who dont get a quick nuter. They get a painful Mess. Animals that die in a cage are left there to get eatten by there fellow room mates. Can you imagine 30 Leopard Geckos in a 5 Gallon??? Thats Sick and thats pretty much what happens in places like this. Not to mention the worst part that below me off was they FORCE MATED!!! A rabbit didnt want to Mate with a Male so the guy grabbed the Female while the male mated with her just how humans do it. We have to put a stop to it. We all love our Pets and we should do some thing. Some one already is.
Watch the Video Here
And Vist the Website Here. http://www.petsmartcruelty.com/
The Website has things that we can use up here! Josh We could use some of the Banners they have up there to spread the word. And you all can send Emails to Pets Mart and or Give Donations.

Amanda1

3 Year Member
First, I don't disagree that this is horrible. But be careful believing what you see on the internet. I've seen something like this before, and these things are taking place at one of the suppliers of many large chain stores (Petsmart, Petco, etc), not at the store itself. This isn't isolated to or caused by Petsmart. Yes, it's probably not the best thing for Petsmart and others to continue to do business with these people, but I'm sure there are other suppliers who are not so barbaric. I do agree that you shouldn't buy animals from pet stores. As long as people keep buying them, these companies will keep making a huge profit.

I also want to point out that Petsmart Charities do some great work, so the store itself is not evil. I go there alot for pet supplies, just not pets.

Geckomaster743

Yeah I agree i know some really nice Staff there who Care for that Geckos and its pretty nice to have a good Supplier near me but what the Heck. This is a Multi -Billion $ Company that can atleast care for the Animals. They have the money but its always about the Pay Check. Alot of the people who do supply these are Desensetized and seriously hurt them with out caring. This isnt a fly that gets Squished in a Second and feels nothing. The way they hurt and treat them is worse. Stepping on Some thing - Throwing it back in its Dirty cage with Contaiminted water and then Leaving it there to die is alot worse then a quick stab to the head. Im disquisted because these people can do ALOT better. Im proud to see people at pets mart Taking care of Cats and Dogs but every pets or animal deserves the Same treatment. Im not trying to be fully on one side because i know some Petsmart's have a good side but there CEO sits in a Chair all day and sends msgs to people saying " These are from breeders not Dogmills/Catmills/Large Suppliers ".

Josh2

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
Yikes. You just HATE to see this kind of stuff. Why can't everyone just be kind to other beings??

Gopherhockey03

That video may make you mad but it is reality. Honestly its not any different than a slaughter house(which are way worse) ... But you still eat hamburgers and such right?... And people will always buy hamsters and animals. It's a nasty business. It's the reason why i'm vegetarian and won't eat meat... My local Petco takes excellent care of all there animals. And helps our local animal shelter ALL the time. When I first got my tortoise it wouldn't eat so I took it for a fecal sample and Petco paid all the vet bills so they are awesome in my book. I have helped them a lot when it comes to Geckos like when they didn't have a humid hide to help shed which they put one up mins after I told them about it. And when ever I walk in they always ask me if they're set ups are correct. But this video is sick and horrible I honestly don't know how those people could ever sleep at night...

LeoLover1

3 Year Member
I actually worked in an animal testing lab, doing the bad stuff that PETA gets so upset about. And you gotta realize that some see animals differently.

Amanda1

3 Year Member
I actually worked in an animal testing lab, doing the bad stuff that PETA gets so upset about. And you gotta realize that some see animals differently.

In my experience animal testing labs (at least in industry, academia is a little worse) are very humane. The animals are all very well taken care of, and there are vet staff on site to make sure it stays that way.

As far as PETA goes...don't even get me started. You should read about what they do to animals (mostly cats and dogs). They're a bunch of hypocrites if you ask me.

Geckomaster743

Honestly Im on none of the sides of PETA or Petland or what ever garbage group that exists. Im with the side thats more Humane. If your going to Eat Meat then give it the Slice from the neck so that it dosent feel a thing. You dont beat animals with Sticks before they die. They die willingly and people take advantage of the fact that they dont run away because they dont know what happens next, They trust you to make the right choice because they are tame kind animals.... All of the people out there are greedy. They put down one to help the other but in the end there not doing good for ethier. The Video that i posted just made me mad. Ive seen what they do at the Farms through a video called Food Inc and i hate it. But i shouldnt give up Meat because of a few Farms. There are still " Organic " Farms and people out there that dont put them in Extreamly tight spaces. Thats what we all need to do to help Farms. Buy Organic. You give them funds to keep moving on. And to help the other Animals thats some thing else we need to put in to consideration. All i know is that im angered through seeing that in the video. The guy stepped on a innocent Mouse and Laughed then threw it in the Garbage. Some day i hope some one steps in him with Bills/Jail/Death or some thing worse. All im saying is to encourage people you know who do the right thing to keep doing the right thing and to spread the word about the Desensitized people who do things like this. Animals dont have rights because they arent smart enough. Here we are with the Power to do things. People need to change.

Gopherhockey03

Well your just going to have to stay mad because it's not just going to stop. And I am 100% against PETA. They are frauds do some research and you won't side with them. Support a non profit organization. And slicing there neck is a horrible way to kill an animal btw....

Geckomaster743

Gopher not Exactly the neck. In the body there is some thing that lets you feel pain thats located in the Neck. If you take the time to Slice that Vein or Nerve the Animal feels like its getting tired rather then Panicking. Google it :3

Geckomaster743

Not to be mean to the Animal or any thing but that sentence just made me Laugh like Crazy! I could just imagine some Farmer Taking a Pitchfork coming behind some cow like hes an Assassin xD

Gopherhockey03

haha i actually had a haha after that but after further analysis I decided not to put it but yes back to seriousness!

Visit our friends