Puppy pics!!!

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
Puppy is 4 weeks old today! For those of you that don't know, this little one is the only survivor of 5 puppies, and I have been bottle-feeding her since birth. I started weaning her, and she really enjoyed her food.. LOL! Then, she wanted to play...

Puppybottle2.jpg

Puppyfood.jpg

Puppy2.jpg

Puppystand.jpg

Puppyplay1.jpg

robin

marcia she is just a doll!!! the second photo is priceless. she's all standin up lookin badass with food all over her face LOL

R

rrhill

cute puppy...your not gonna dress it up like a little baby and pose it doing silly crap are you? My mom used to do that to me & look how I turned out! :D

How often do you have to feed him/her? I would think you would have to get up in the middle of the night to feed it...not fun. Does the mom take care of it at all? I know the puppies need their little "parts" licked to stimulate them to go to the bathroom, I hope you are letting the mom take care of that! Bottle feeding is ok, but I draw the line at licking dog poo from the source...good luck with him/her (what did you name it?)

R

Russ S

rrhill said:
I know the puppies need their little "parts" licked to stimulate them to go to the bathroom, I draw the line at licking dog poo from the source
LMAO

Beautifull pup Marcia

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
I own both parents, Jet (father) is US Champion and Star (mother) with champion lines. She gave birth to five puppies on May 21, one was stillborn, one got stuck in the birth canal and I couldn't revive it, and three nice healthy ones.

After we cleaned up the mess and put the pups with mamma to nurse, we went in the house to eat. I went to check in on them after about 15 minutes, and there was only one pup in the whelp box. Then, I heard some crunching and slurping sounds and saw Star about 4 feet away with her entire face covered in blood, entrails hanging out her mouth, and a severed puppy's head laying in a pool of blood and gore.

I honestly don't remember anything after that other than grabbing the last puppy and putting her in my shirt. I started screaming and couldn't stop. It took me a week before I could even look at Star without freaking out.

Anyway, I've bottle fed this little puppy ever since. Yes, I had to get up every 3 hours to feed her, and stimulate her to pee and poop (no, Ro... I didn't lick her) for the first week. Then it was every 4 hours.. then every 5 hours, and now we are about every 6 hours.

I haven't named her because my husband wont let me keep her. I just call her "Pee-Pee" or "Poo-Poo"...

Here's a slide show:
http://s42.photobucket.com/albums/e308/goldengategeckos/Puppy%20Pics/?action=view&current=Puppyfood1.jpg&slideshow=true&interval=3

R

rrhill

she ate the babies? WOW, reminds me of mice...yuck! Do you think something was wrong with the pups or just a BAD mom?

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
The vet says they really don't know why this happens. It could be there was something inherently wrong with the pups, or while Star was cleaning them she started chewing on the umbilicle cord and kept going, or she just has no maternal instinct towards the litter. Based on her behavior, I would say that Star is just a bad mom... she is completely indifferent towards the pup.

R

rrhill

Hope it isn't hereditary, could be passed to the little pup. Was this Star's 1st litter? Will you try to breed her again?

nwheat

She's looking great, Marcia!!! :) She's grown so much since the last pic you posted! I'm very glad for you that she's starting to eat real food and going longer between feedings! She's just soooo cute!!

gothra

Happy Gecko Family
Marcia, so glad to hear the puppy is doing well, he is sooo cute!! I particularly like the 4th pic, looks just like a doll! (and Marica, you got hairy arms...) Just joking :)

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
Wow Marcia, your puppy is getting so big! Looks like a dirty little fluff ball :)

After going through all of that feeding and stuff, I would hate to have to sell her :(

brandy101010

Sorry you had to go through that traumatic experience! My mom used to breed Germen Shepards and once the the mom ate all the puppies. I was real little so I don't remember if they found her doing it in time to save any. One litter the mom ended up with poison milk and all the puppies died except one. My mom bottle fed that one and kept her. She died at around 5 years old from continually eating out of the cat pan. That dog would break down a door to get in to the cat pan! well she ate a little too much and I guess it's not digestible. It all swelled up in her tummy and her tummy exploded. :(

Another sad story about the same one that ate the puppies, My cat had kittens when I was little and the dog viciously killed every kitten! I witnessed this but being a little kid there was not much I could do but scream. I think there was something just not right in the head with this dog. she was so lovable to people but sometimes around other animals (even her own young) She was a monster!

Visit our friends