Question about gutloading my leo

Commotiion

Hey, I just got a leo recently, I feed him crickets and I have calcium. I was wondering what I should use for gutloading. Thanks, from both me and Doc :D

Attachments

• IMG_0956.JPG
    IMG_0956.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 76

Caleb C

You gutload the crickets, which turn more nutritious, then your gecko gets the nutrition from the cricket. All vegetables and fruits work, some people also sell special powders for the crickets, which they love.

Jetfire

I just use the cgd powder (crested gecko diet) to gutload bugs for my gex and my tarantulas. I have a fairly large bag of it, and cRickets and dubias eat the dry powder pretty readily. I just put a teaspoon or so of the cgd in a clean beer bottle cap, and the bugs graze away at it.

Styx

For gutload I use Total Bites by Nature Zone - the green stuff. You can get it at Petsmart or Petco but I buy mine in huge tubs online. I really like it because so far it's worked well for my Ts and my Uroplatus and the crickets don't die on it. With some gutload the calcium and/or minerals can be so high it kills the crix. I have lost a lot of money with gutloads that have killed off entire orders of crickets (I order 7k at a time). So, personally I like Total Bites.

Eve Saint

I was told to use flukers brand orange cubes because it has everything. It is supposed to provide water and food for the crickets. I also use the flukers dry to feed the crickets as well. I am not informed on the powder diet for the crickets though.

Amanda1

3 Year Member
I use the orange cubes too. Has anyone tried Repashy's Bug Burgers? I think that's what they're called. I mostly just want to use them because the name is funny. :p

LeoLover1

3 Year Member
I use the orange cubes too. Has anyone tried Repashy's Bug Burgers? I think that's what they're called. I mostly just want to use them because the name is funny. :p
I LOVE the Bug Burger. Awesome stuff. I use it for all my feeders: roaches, superworms and mealies. But I don't use it to gut load. Its more developed for feeding colonies. Gut loading is for quick food for feeders, mostly crickets. I use a combo of oats, rice crispies, corn meal and fresh veggies.

Visit our friends