question about legal liability in shipping

Northstar Herp

Rhacs and Uros, oh boy!!!
I've asked this question in the thread about Reptiles Express, but I haven't gotten an answer yet, so I thought I would throw it out as a new thread to see if you experienced folks might know, just in case you haven't read that thread.

#1- Is it standard practice for a herp shipping service to make the seller agree to pay all legal fees in case the buyer sues the shipping service?

#2- Maybe this doesn't make any difference, depending on the answer to #1, but does that make anybody else very uncomfortable, since it puts the seller (me) financially liable for things over which I have NO control, ie. the shipping service, UPS, the buyer?

I can just imagine shipping someone something, them being an unreasonable jerk and me having to pay to defend someone else for something I had no control over. That sounds like a pretty crappy situation for Kevin, if you ask me.

What say ye?

Last edited:

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I don't know the answer to your question, but one thing to do would be to call the shipping company and ask about it and then also call shipyourreptiles.com (they are very approachable) and ask the same question.

Aliza

Visit our friends