Question about Multivitamins

O

Ophie

My girlfriend and I recently purchased a Juvenile leopard gecko that i have a few questions on, I've owned a leopard gecko once before in my life but I was young and another family adopted it a long time ago (it just passed at the age of 14) She's doing really well but I've been reading so many different opinions I just can't get a straight answer and I wan't to make sure I'm taking good care of our little girl.

1. She's hungry, I mean really hungry, I feed her anywhere from 9-13 crickets daily, they are always dusted in both Rep Cal Calcium with D3 and Rep cal herptivite 1:1 - Is this too much vitamin supplement? Some things I've read are once a week, others are everyday is fine.

2. Today I found an abnormaly large feces, nearly 4 times the size of her regular droppings (she defecates once every 24 hours it seems, she is extremely regular, almost the same time of night) - She is still very active and not lethargic, is this okay? Is there an explanation?

3. Is tap water alright? I remember I used to have some kind of product I would drop in my previous leopard geckos water dish, but the ********s around my town do not seem to carry it.

4. A cagemate bit the tip of her tail right before we picked her up, we've left it alone and she seems to be fine (her tail is plump and healthy) I'm just wondering if it should fall off soon, if the tip will just nub off, will it grow back? I know I've probably posted in the wrong section but this started as just a vitamin supplement question. i will attach the picture of little Ophie's tail.

Thank you for your time everyone.

0622000042.jpg

And here she is :)
0622000042a.jpg

Taquiq

JK Herp
1. Every other day would be the best way to go. Too much d3 is unhealthy for your leo.

2. That seems okay. Sometimes some of mine have unusuallylarge feces.

3. Yes it's okay. I use tap water and have had no problem with it.

4. Yes it will eventually fall off and grow back.

K

killuminati

ive heard some people who breed that use tap water have had deformities then when they switched they didnt so...

I use bottled water for drinking and misting the humid hide

too much d3 can paralize. I know someone whos leos back legs are now paralized forever and it drags them around the cage and she has to hand feed it now

juiceredrum

I only use spring water and I acutally keep calcuim at all times in there feeder dishes and dust crickets or feeders without d3 Every other feeding I acutally really don't use it that often maybe once or twice a month and my stock are bright eyed alert and healthy I just add extra care and nutrients to the feeders I personally grow I know they are healthy and gut loaded I raise dubia mealworms superworms waxwork (once a week) I must admit I buy my crickets but I keep them at least a week on my feeding plan before they are fed to my leos and I have a pair of mice I breed for their babies to my breeding females I feed my leos on rotation of feeders for a varied diet but i got OCD lol oh and no worries on the tail it will fall off no sweat and heal to a nub but since it's the tip no sweat she'll be a ok

Last edited:

Visit our friends