Question about Repashy

Moppel

Hi there, I just switched to Repashy, as recommended a lot on this site, and I was just wondering what the difference is between the Leopard Gecko Calcium Plus and the Superfood calcium plus? I bought the Leopard Gecko one, but was wondering what the difference is, since it confused me *slightly*. :)

Olympus

Biologist & Ecologist
I don't think I understand which products you're comparing. I understand you probably mean the Calcium Plus that has the leopard gecko on the bag but I don't know what product you're referring to next. Do you mean Supercal?

I can tell you that the Calcium Plus is a multivitamin + calcium + vitamin D3 supplement.
The Supercal (if that's what you mean) is calcium + vitamin D3 supplement but not a multivitamin.

LepoInc

They're the same. The Super foods part is just part of Repashy's name. Like Jimmy John's (Repashy) Gourmet Sandwiches (Superfoods)

Sent via Tapatalk whilst caring for Eublepharis macularis'

Moppel

Not trying to argue, but they're two different bottles. Did they change the design or something and one of them was the old design?

Olympus

Biologist & Ecologist
Yes, they have always offered bags and little tubs, but I believe that now they are fading out the bags and switching to the little tubs instead. But they are exactly the same product.

Akari_32

There has been a recent design change.

34634DBA-D213-47C7-81A2-D38D7D187457-2257-000005F2F64E2470_zpsde672f6f.jpg

The small bottle was bought last year, and the large one this year.

Moppel

YES, Akari, that is exactly it!! It was those two bottles, and I was so confused. I bought the yellow one, since the recommendation here said "Leopard Gecko Calcium Plus". Looks like I bought the older one. Hmpf.

Thank you so much for clearing that up, all of you! :)

OnlineGeckos

Yup not worry, it's the same thing, just looks different from the outside. They're both "repashy calcium plus".

cstone

My local Pet*Co currently sells both versions, as well as one for Crested Geckos. They have a separate slot on the shelf for each one and they have 2 completely different UPC codes. I haven't compared the contents of the two, but my guess would be that it is just a marketing tactic and they are actually meant to both be sold. Think of it this way, a Leopard Gecko owner is likely to stare at the wall of supplements and grab the first one they see that says Leopard Geckos on it. Someone who owns any other reptile owner is not likely to grab something that says Leopard Gecko on it. Since Leos are suck a common pet, it makes sense to market something directly to them. They very well could be exactly the same thing, but I bought the Leopard Gecko stuff because like most new owners, I looked at the wall and saw something that had the name of my animal on it and grabbed it. It is a very common selling tactic and it works.

Visit our friends