Question about size

TatorTotTheGecko

I got my first leo about a month ago. He is very healthy and active, but recently I have been worried. I had to go on a trip for a few days, so I had to leave my gecko with my grandma. She has a tendency to feed pets more than they need, not an unhealthy amount, but she treats pets like children and spoils them. I gave her very specific instructions. When I came back my gecko was looking a little bit chunky. I wasn’t concerned about it at first because he has always been big, but now I am worried. Is my gecko obese? If so, how do I help him? I have recently cut off food and only fed him a few worms every 2 days, but nothing has changed. I also haven’t seen much poop in the tank. What should I do?

Attachments

• IMG_0892.jpeg
    IMG_0892.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0891.jpeg
    IMG_0891.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 2

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I can't imagine that your gecko would gain any significant amount of weight in a few days. I think your gecko looks fine. I find that some of them have chunkier body types. If you're really concerned, see if you can put some new things in the enclosure for him to explore. Most of my gecko cages have a second level and something to climb to get up there. This way they can get some exercise.

Aliza

Visit our friends