Question on pastel

B

Brian O

I have a pair of Fat Tails that I keep as pets. They had babies this year and I hatched 6 total. Out of them I got one that is very light in comparison to the rest. What are the different morphs for Fatties? I am guessing she is just a lighter normal. Also what are the temps for temp sexing Fat Tails?

L

LadyGecko

Brian-as far as I know despite the variance in color there are only 2 morphs with fatty's at this time
The Normals and the Amels
I have 5 fatty's and there is an amazing variance in the normals coloration
My two Amels have different shades of orange/gold too
I think that it is going to be exciting to see what else starts popping up with these guys in color variations and maybe even some mutations in the striping
I think that a "jungle" fatty of either morph would be awesome
:D
Sandy

I believe that temp sexing is low 80's for females-85-mixed sexes and 90-males

Last edited by a moderator:

PaulSage

I'm baaaaaack!
Is it maybe just variation between the red/gold colors?

Here's what I mean...

GoldRedFTGs.jpg

They're both still normals to the best of my knowledge, but I still wonder about the possibility of whether or not there is a genetic trait affecting the red/gold coloring, especially since it seems to affect the amels too.

TangPeachFTGs.jpg

Anyway, if you could post a picture of them, that would be awesome.

robin

not everything is a morph .. animals pigment varies just as humans do

and anf yall cant forget the striped fats :p

G & M Geckos

Margaritaville Tour Guide
Wow those ones from JMG are pretty cool looking. It seems like a few years ago there was a page with serval AFT gecko morphs explained.

B

Brian O

WOW those Fat TAils at JMG are crazy looking. So does anyone know what the temps are for sexing Fat Tails?

L

LadyGecko

WOW
Is that a result of an albino x normal cross-anyone have any ideas on how they made those??
I love them
I want them
Jeanne -we are sooo bad
LOL
Sandy

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
LadyGecko said:
WOW
Is that a result of an albino x normal cross-anyone have any ideas on how they made those??
I love them
I want them
Jeanne -we are sooo bad
LOL
Sandy

Yes, Sandy, yes we are, BUT, we are Bad in a Good way :main_rolleyes: :main_laugh:

Ian S.

Those african fatties from JMG look like freakin hybrids IMO.
Jungle leo x fat tail?? Who knows they're cool as hell though.

Grinning Geckos

Tegan onboard.
I don't think it would be a pied .... the pattern between them is far too similar. Every example of pied I've seen in various species (which aren't too many), the white blotches are pretty random. Whatever it is, it's VERY cool looking. Makes me want a fattie.

S

Sarah H

Ohh wow ! I want them too! You guys better back off they are mine! :)
I love the one on the right, it is almost white in color. I can't wait to hear about them.

Brian, I temp sexed my fatties last year the same as leos and got about the same result. I didn't go as low(80) with the females though. They take longer to hatch the the leos, so I had them at 84-85. I only had one,out of about 20 end up male at that temp.
The two I incubated male ended up male as well. I have heard temp sex is not as reliable with fatties as with the leos. They also took me alot longer to visually sex.

Visit our friends