question regarding hide box

jess

i've got a tuppa ware dish i'm going 2 use 4 my gecko's moist hide. i wuz just curious if it wud be okay 4 me 2 color the outside walls & top w/black sharpee marker?? if i let it air out awhile b4 i put it in his enclosure & if it's not by ne heat wud that be okay? or is there ne other way i can make the hide so it's dark & not see through???

Styx

I actually use those Cool Whip containers as hide/nest boxes or those giant cottage cheese containers. Maybe you can find one that is already opaque?

jess

I actually use those Cool Whip containers as hide/nest boxes or those giant cottage cheese containers. Maybe you can find one that is already opaque?
ahhh now see, my brilliant self didn't even think of that!!!! lol. guess that means i'll have 2 bake some pies 2 use up the whip cream! lol thanks 4 the simple solution! :)

Josh2

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
I would recommend using a margarine or whipped cream plastic container before coloring one in completely and testing the waters with the marker scent...

Caleb C

I use a ham container, which is technically a tupperware container. The sides are see through, but they dont seem to care or mind, they still go in it when they feel like it.

Visit our friends