question

Star1

My friend gave me a few geckos that she got at an expo. 2 of them were labled wrong. 1 is supposed to be normal het mack snow which isn't possible so idk what to breed her to. I have a mack snow, bell albino, tremper albino, and normal het blizzard, eclipse, tremper males. I was planning to breed her next season so I've got time. is she possibly mack snow instead of normal? 20130620_151230.jpg

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
The only way to find out is to breed her to a gecko that's not a Mack snow and see if you get any Mack snows. If you do, it's a snow and if not, it's not. Any of the geckos you breed her to, if I understand your list of male geckos, will result in normal looking geckos. I'd recommend breeding her to something like the Tremper that is homozygous for a recessive trait. Then you can breed the offspring back to the parent or to each other and know that you have hets and will produce the recessive trait instead of having to deal with a 50% het situation.

Aliza

Josh2

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
I have a hard time with the genetics equations usually but what Aliza said makes sense. The only way to tell would be to test it out. Generation by generation...

Khatchet

3 Year Member
She is preaty I just got 2 leo the other day waiting for them to settel in so I can handel them a bit.

Visit our friends