Question.....

Baysidegeckos

Baysidegeckos.com
Does anyone know of anyone who had tried keeping their leopard geckos out side, and breed them out side like they do in the wild?

Not that i would do it, but i have had some one make a comment to me about, "hey you sould try it" LOL and i thiught yea right!!!!!!

Plus nowbody has added a thread to this section of the forum in a while so i figured i would do it!!!!!!!

T

TWC

i always thought about doing that outside with a little high wall so they cant escape, but there are too many predators out here at night, and they would probably die.

Airilith

Heating would be a pain tooo. Especially for those of us that aren't far enough south to be warm most of the year.

malt_geckos

Don't Say It's Impossible
we could probably pull it off in Fl. You could put mesh wire over the top of the enclosure so nothing could get them. I think it would be cool to see, but it would be hard to put it together.

E

evilxyardxgnome

It would be kinda cool to see an outdoor enclosure for a leo. Too bad Minnesota is too cold :(

rhino43grr

HERE WE GO STEELERS
http://www.southtravels.com/asia/afghanistan/weather.html

i was trying to figure out where in the US would have similar climate to their natural habitat and i was surprised, the average temps in afghanistan aren't as high as i would've thought and it actually gets pretty cold in winter. the precipitation might be the only tough thing to match with an outdoor enclosure depending on where you lived...

S

SteveB

I'd consider building a greenhouse, you'd have relatively stable temps...

HepCatMoe

Escaped A.I.
a little off topic but i bet arizona would work perfect for AFT's.

i would just have to figure out how to protect them from cats. and then how would i get them out when i wanted them? id have to dig up the yard.

AllGeckos

NOGeckos
HepCatMoe said:
a little off topic but i bet arizona would work perfect for AFT's.

i would just have to figure out how to protect them from cats. and then how would i get them out when i wanted them? id have to dig up the yard.

Yeah I agree I think leos could make it too. kept in the shade I would just be worried about other wild geckos coming in to it and snakes...

Kilikina

I'd be afraid of wild bugs getting in there that have possibly been exposed to pesticides or other poisonous things??

Visit our friends