Questionnaire for leopard gecko dissertation

s0073644

Hi everyone,

I'm currently doing my university dissertation on body condition scoring for leopard geckos and I've developed a questionnaire that I would be really grateful if you could complete.

It's anonymous and open to everyone whether you've kept leos or not, but I'd be especially keen to hear from people with leo or similar gecko experience. It's only short and shouldn't take any longer than 5mins.

The questionnaire can be accessed here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/lgS0073644

Thank you in advance! :)

LepoInc

This is tricky because there are many factors that play in with if it would be healthy or not, like age, sex, if it dropped it's tail, etc. But if you're just trying to judge the body fat, this is a pretty accurate survey.

geckolabs

Done.

The one recommendation I have, is not only to indicate ages, which you did, but also to give an indicator of the geckos density (for future considerations), since muscular animals can visually appear fat, and create a bias in the scoring.

This could be done by providing a ratio of (weight/ (Snout-vent length/Snout-tail tip length) ).

s0073644

Thanks to all for completing the survey! The comments made are very valid and definitely something I'd like to look into, perhaps as a further project. I think it would be easier to judge fat vs muscle with physical as well as visual examinations, as well as body measurements as suggested (which was my first project idea) but sadly that was impractical for a number of reasons, namely as I wasn't able to find enough geckos near enough to me and also because I didn't want to cause them undue stress. But thank you for the feedback, it'll be something I'll be discussing when I do the write up report. Similarly if anyone else has any feedback to add that they didn't include on the survey, I'd be genuinely interested in hearing it :)

Re trying to access it on a mobile, I've had mixed feedback in that it works for some people but not for others so I'm assuming it's to do with the data connection? But I don't really know unfortunately. If you get a chance to complete it on a laptop there shouldn't be any problems, possibly the same if you're on a tablet - but let me know if you come up against any more problems and I'll try to check them out!

Thanks again, I really appreciate your input!

Visit our friends