Questions about baby gecko

Hi I need help, I just recently bought a baby leopard gecko from petco named Fred. I am worried because I usually feed him 4 crickets a day and I recently tried to give him/her(dont know gender) mealworms and he/she hasnt eaten any of them at all! And they recently just shed their skin, and he/or she hasnt been eating lately that I know of, and every time i put food in it thinks my fingers are food and he moves his throat fast up and down, and he/she sleeps alot during the day!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Caleb C

Hi I need help, I just recently bought a baby leopard gecko from petco named Fred. I am worried because I usually feed him 4 crickets a day and I recently tried to give him/her(dont know gender) mealworms and he/she hasnt eaten any of them at all! And they recently just shed their skin, and he/or she hasnt been eating lately that I know of, and every time i put food in it thinks my fingers are food and he moves his throat fast up and down, and he/she sleeps alot during the day!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why not continue feeding crickets or roaches? Use forceps to feed, dont use your fingers. They should sleep a lot during daytime, they're nocturnal. What's your current setup? Can you take a picture?

Amanda1

3 Year Member
Sounds like he's still getting used to you. Sometimes they won't eat for a week or so after you bring them home. It's nothing to worry about. Some are picky about their food too, you just have to find their favorite bug and stick with it. Maybe yours doesn't like mealworms. The throat movement means he's either scared of your hands in his home (which he will get used to) or he's about to bite you.

Rylee

3 Year Member
Keep feeding crickets. New leos don't generally eat great. I would use tweezers or just let him hunt, I wouldnt use my fingers. They are nocturnal, its perfectly normal.

Visit our friends