Racks in general

RaiQuee

Stripes are in!
Hey guys.

I am looking for some Leopard racks. I want that PVC stuff, not melamine anymore. It's just too heavy! :) However what I do want on my racks is locks. Not like a door, but I do believe a while back I saw something that was metal strips that went over the boxes. Still allowing to use ventalation the same, but kept people out.

I am looking to purchase (first) a 12qt rack. Something like 3 boxes by 10 or 12 tall? So either a 30 box or a 36 box?

I was thinking of just waiting until Tinley to pick something up, but I really need more room now. However I can still wait, I'll just put my pairs together.

Any suggestions? I know the AP racks are rather cheap, I also like the boaphile, but neither has the locking thing I am thinking of.

Thanks for the help!

PaulSage

I'm baaaaaack!
Desire' I know I've seen racks with vertical metal rods down the front SOMEWHERE, but I couldn't find them in any of my bookmarks. :( I'm guessing that someone made their own or modified an existing rack to have those locks.

I was trying to think about how you'd add locks to an existing AP rack, and I honestly think the easiest thing to do might be to just make a screen/wire door for the whole front. Just a thought though...

J

Jungle Habitats Plastics

Raiquee,

If you are looking for one rack and one only a steel bar inserted into the shelves will work but if you are looking to be stackable it will not work, I have a rack that can be very easily modified to do what you are looking for . I build what i call the "Hot Rack's" which is a rack with acrylic door added to the rack to keep it closed off from the outside world. With that to modify it for "Mass air flow All i have to do is install a series of 3" vents to allow airflow to move mor freely through the rack . I could also easily ventthe shelves allowing air to flow from top to bottom and also back to front through the rack much like a huse in the summer with windows open.

RaiQuee

Stripes are in!
Hmm maybe a door is then ideal. I just have friends over a lot, and see them sliding open boxes to our racks all the time at their free will. Kinda scary, ya know?!

J

Jungle Habitats Plastics

heres what ya need

6qt_hotrack.jpg

Raiquee ,
here is one ofthe racks i was telling you about with a door on it to keep prying hands out:main_thumbsup:

Sally Salamander

Eaauuu!! You don't want to leave that closed too long after feeding!

Stinky gecko smell. I can see the stink waves coming off of it right now.

Visit our friends