Recovery

Geckomaster743

Well I'm excited to say that Artemis has made a amazing recovery. After going on the syringe for almost a month with Repta - Aid and water we decided to put her in a glass enclosure to see if that being in a home similar from what she used to live in would help. And it did! She ate straight away and she's been eating for almost 2 weeks now. My only concern now is Theseus's eating problems. He stopped eating almost 3 weeks ago and has refused Wax worms, Mealworms, and every thing we try to feed him. He doesn't even share a glance with it. All he does is sit Straight under the light and if i move it he moves next to it after he thinks I've left the room. Im not sure if Vision is the problem but I've been trying to see if he even see's his food. I was thinking a change of carpet from brown to green to see if he can see food now because its not the same color as his carpet or running some tests to see if he responds to my hand being in front of him. Oh well... His recovery is very slow and I'm not sure why he hasn't eaten. Im just very happy to say that Artemis is beginning to get a fat tail again and is acting like her old self :)

Geckomaster743

Yeah he's just sitting under the lamp all day as if he was trying to tan. I don't want him to dehydrate so i give him syringes of water but that tail of is won't hesitate to get skinny soon. Im glad the rest of the geckos are doing good but i don't know... He was sick before then he was back up eating again and now he's stopped eating though dosent even share glances with any thing we place in.

Josh2

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
I'm so glad to hear Artemis is doing so much better!
Keep trying with theseus and I'm sure he will eventually come around. You've got the right idea to experiment and try to find ways to get him to eat/see his food

Geckomaster743

Yeah I'm trying. Im going to use some thing that makes him hungry that Khenut recommended to me when i thought my hatchling was dealing with crypto. She's doing great now.

LeoLover1

3 Year Member
I find white is good background color for my light-sensitive geckos to see their food. Maybe try damp paper towels.

Glad to hear about Artemis. Keep up the good efforts!

Geckomaster743

Meh now i have some thing else to worry about. The smoke Detector went off and my Geckos panicked and since there hearing is super good i was worried that some of them went deaf. Around feeding time i tap on the glass and Achilles knows its time to eat. This time he wasn't responding until he could see my finger. Agh.

Rylee

3 Year Member
Meh now i have some thing else to worry about. The smoke Detector went off and my Geckos panicked and since there hearing is super good i was worried that some of them went deaf. Around feeding time i tap on the glass and Achilles knows its time to eat. This time he wasn't responding until he could see my finger. Agh.
Oh no! Hopefully he just wasn't paying attention that time.

Geckomaster743

Well he's shown signs of a Prolapse before but he's always able to push it back in. Though like i said, I can't take any of my lizards to a vet but just try to treat the cause on my own which always works out but stuff like this probably won't end well especially if he gets Prolapsed and the tissue does stick out and get infected.

Visit our friends