Red dots on flying gecko, uncertain if mites

Siphono4e

Hello, new person here, so apologies if this isn't the correct spot to ask these things about her, or if I ask them awkwardly/it seems like an obvious question.

Issue:
I've got a flying gecko who has three red spots on her.

Description:
One spot is on her neck, one is near one of her front shoulders, and one is near the base of her tail. They're pretty small, but visible still without aid. I haven't spotted any more on her body except those three. They don't look like injuries (at least as far as I can tell), just bright red (like the color of a cherry candy) bits of Something opaque. I initially thought that maybe it was something from the container I brought her home in (she's recently joined the house here), but nothing that was in there with her looks that bright red.

The Question(s):
Are those likely mites, or is there something else that might be happening? I just want to make sure before I try anything

(Note: she was in the small clear container only for a bit so I could take a picture closer, she was returned to her setup afterwards. Apologies for the fuzziness of the picture too, I have no idea if it'll get fuzzier after posting, I'll try to get a better one soon if/when she comes closer to the front of the enclosure.)

Attachments

• Polish_20210919_232718071.jpg
    Polish_20210919_232718071.jpg
    328.1 KB · Views: 6

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
If they move they're mites. Here's an article about how to get rid of them:

Aliza

Visit our friends