Rehoming Izzy

Hi everyone I lost my second hamster Willow on October 28th 2022. We also already have the cage from my last hamster and all the supplies for a new one. I think I just wanted to fill the emptiness in my heart And I waited until January when I found a leopard gecko on Craigslist and I got her on January 6th and I have had her for a little over a month. I am thinking of rehoming her to a more knowledgeable better home. It's not Leopard geckos themselves I just don't think they are the right pet for me. I thought I was prepared for the amount of time they can live which is up to 20 years but I can only have two pets in my apartment and one would be for a long long time and the bugs are more work than leopard geckos are. I contacted the original owner so now we wait. I am sobbing because I feel like a horrible person especially if I find her a good home and then just go and get a hamster. I feel she will be happier with another family tho. I love her so so so so much and I only want what's best for her. We already have her setup and the bugs and everything and of course I will continue to take care of her until I can find her a new home. I just think I rushed into things too fast and I feel awful. She deserves more. Please give me any advice you have and thank you if you read all the way to the end.

AndyBunn

Hi

Its a shame that having a gecko isn't going yo work out for you.

You could advertise it for sale or see if you have any pet rescue places nearby that would take the gecko on.

Geckos do make great pets and are popular.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.
ps. a picture please

andy and Carrot

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I think it's a good thing that you figured this out, and sometimes a person just has to try something to discover it's not a good fit. Hopefully you'll find a good home for this gecko and can then get a hamster which you know works well for you. I guess the only hard thing about a hamster is that their lifespans are short compared to ours.

Aliza

I think it's a good thing that you figured this out, and sometimes a person just has to try something to discover it's not a good fit. Hopefully you'll find a good home for this gecko and can then get a hamster which you know works well for you. I guess the only hard thing about a hamster is that their lifespans are short compared to ours.

Aliza
Thank you! I agree and my mom pretty much said the same thing. I will definitely make sure she goes to the best home and I will take care of her for as long as it takes in a day or a few days we are going to make an ad and post it on Craigslist. And yes hamsters lifespans are short but I have had two hamsters so far and I am prepared for it even if it makes me a little sad.

Hi

Its a shame that having a gecko isn't going yo work out for you.

You could advertise it for sale or see if you have any pet rescue places nearby that would take the gecko on.

Geckos do make great pets and are popular.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.
ps. a picture please

andy and Carrot
Thank you! We are going to post an ad on Craigslist. I can definitely let you know how it goes. I am planning on taking care of her for however long it takes to find her the best home whether that's a month or more or only a few weeks. They do make great pets for the right people and definitely popular and I saw so many posts for leopard geckos so I think that's part of what drew me to them also I have only ever had a few fish when I was younger, two hamsters as of 2020, 2021 and 2022 and a dog as of 2020 and now so I wanted to experience a pet that's totally different and I found out they just aren't for me but that's okay. What exactly did you want to see a picture of? Izzy or?

Visit our friends