resizing ?

boutiquegecko

We got a new camera, as our cannon broke. It's a Olympus fe-370 i.o megapixel w/ 5x zoom. I really like how close and detailed it takes the pics, but I can't figure out how to resize them to fit on the forum. I took the pics on super macro, so I don't know if that was it or not.
Does anyone have this camera and can tell me what setting to put it on so I can post pics? Thanks.

MonteQ's

You should be able to resize them in photobucket if you don't have any photo software. You may have to change the resolution too. Lowering the pixels per inch to 72 or so could help decrease the file size.

I'm not the most tech savy, but there's probably a few free programs out there that will get you by if you can't get it done in photobucket. Good luck.

Sunrise Reptile

SunriseReptile.com
You can crop an image in Microsoft Paint with the "Stretch/Skew" function found under the "Image" menu. If you have trouble figuring it out, PM me. :)

boutiquegecko

Ok, I have a mac. We don't have the microsoft picture manager I don't think, only our mac photo program. I can only post one here-it's showing up as 230.5 kb-I don't know the tech language for that yet. This was cropped from a full body shot. It just made the crop the same size as the origional photo.
I haven't tried cropping in photobucket yet. I just wanted to snap some pics quickly w/ the thing and haven't played much with the settings :) It's much easier to get the adults to be still, but I wanted to see if I could get detail on the babies.

MonteQ's

Directly off my camera pics are all about 35x26" and 1.5+mb. The average size of most of my pics resized to 6" x 8" is about 60-80 kb.

Cropping and resizing/formatting is usually enough to reduce it. I always leave the settings on the camera for the highest quality and shrink em down on the computer later. Loose less in translation that way. Hope you get it all worked out. Nice head shot btw ;)

robin

art, photo and editing software *free*

this can edit from minor to more technical stuff http://www.gimp.org/

another free program is virtual photographer it comes in a version that is a plug into adobe photoshop and also a stand alone version, this is only for photography http://www.optikvervelabs.com/

both of these programs are free

mainelygeckos

I personally use gimp to resize my photos before posting or adding to photobucket. Easy and free, my two fave words :p

robin

oh yeah of as you can see virtual photography is just for photography, where as gimp can be used for all sorts of things

Visit our friends