RI worry not getting better

Shadraak

I have an adult corn whom i got off the reptile show last year, didn't have a bag to put her in so got one off another breeder, got her home and started popping and hissing sounds from her, over the next week or so i found out it was an upper respiratory infection , have been treating daily with .1 cc/ml of baytril for months and never got better or worse, well now has finally started getting worse with severe conjestion and noises, and now has been off food the last few weeks, we've moved to a new course metronidazole i think is the name of it, the mucus in her mouth isn't as bad i can tell by her tongue able to fork again but has really brought out the noise sounds like walking thru mud, i'm trying to remain positive that the worse it's sounding means it's getting better and breaking up...but i'm not sure..

She is kept on paper towell mid - upper 80's (increased to sometimes upper 80's to low/mid 90's to try to keep this infection from killing her), water bowl is only offered every other day to keep the humidity which on all my humidity guages are usually showing LOW in there anyway so either very low or <20% , the going off feed for the last few weeks has started to bother me a bit as has the increase of the noise she's making and slurping noises when she's breathing, i've even resorted to getting her more active and letting her head hang lower than her body (to help let it all come out and drip although i never see it, and even to taps on her side to try to break it up as you would a human, vet is running out of ideas and so am i, i know they take a long time in reptiles but shouldn't it be some sort of change by now?

the new antibiotics have been for the last few weeks now just got a refill the other day and it's the same .1 cc/ml / day

Visit our friends